wedding party color

Options
Hey Ladies,
Just curious, if you are havign bridesmaids, what color are you having them wear? also, are you having 1 dress, or let them pick their own???
I have having them pick their own since my girls are different sizes and i want them to feel comfortable and want to wear the dress again :flowerforyou:
i gave them a liste to choose from all short and champange color :smile:
i know this post isnt much about weight loss, i am just having fun planning :love:

Replies

• kayellgee
    Options
    Hey Ladies,
    Just curious, if you are havign bridesmaids, what color are you having them wear? also, are you having 1 dress, or let them pick their own???
    I have having them pick their own since my girls are different sizes and i want them to feel comfortable and want to wear the dress again :flowerforyou:
    i gave them a liste to choose from all short and champange color :smile:
    i know this post isnt much about weight loss, i am just having fun planning :love:

I have 6! They are wearing short flowy dresses that looked great on everyone. The color is pewter :)
    Yay wedding planning!
  • blferguson1s
    Options
    I have 3 bridesmaids. They will be in Grape (according to Alfred Angelo). I'm pretty sure they'll all be in the same dress. It's style 7172 (I think). A flowy halter style that looks good on everybody.
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    5 Bridesmaids, my Mum's making all the dresses including mine, I think I've chosen a design that suits them all, so unfortunatley they're wearing the same thing to avoid too much pressure on my Mum. Were having hand woven silk but I've still to finalise the colour I'm stuck between a dark turquoise (really deep and vivid) or sea jade (slightly lighter and with more antiquey grey undertones) both are more on the blue end then the green end of the spectrum, I was going to have a midnight blue colour but having a bit of a green undertone gave the colours more pop and looked less flat (In my material choice) however I have seen some fantastic midnight blue dresses in different materials.

pattern: (I'm going for the halterneck version)

http://www.jaycotts.co.uk/acatalog/info_725814488.html

here's the colours, closest looking examples online

dark turquoise example colour

http://www.herecomesthegirls.co.uk/Dark_Turquoise_Satin_Bridesmaids_Ball_Gown.html

sea jade example ish

http://www.pinuppolly.com/mrs-van-horne-dress.html

the flowers are going to be be main colours of dusky pink with some orange, yellow and dark pink accents, again a very talented friend and recent floristry graduate is making my bouquets. xxxx
  • andonsmama
    Options
    @ animators.......you have the hook up! nice! i don't blame you there, i am sure your mum has plenty to do.

@ kayel...i considered pewter as well.

@ blfergusson..... that purple is really pretty
  • Amara15
    Amara15 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm going with a shade of purple also. the colors will be purple and silver. The dresses will be purple. I havent looked for them yet, but I am planning on all the girls wearing different. As far as how many in my wedding party i'm not sure. This has been the biggest struggle for me so far is deciding on a wedding party. I just have sooo many girls who have been an important part of my life! Anyone have a similar struggle??? if so how did you decide?

I would love to include all the girls, but that would mean asking my fiance to pick men that he isnt as close to, to stand up there with him just to match my number and I dont feel comfortable doing that too him.
  • andonsmama
    Options
    I'm going with a shade of purple also. the colors will be purple and silver. The dresses will be purple. I havent looked for them yet, but I am planning on all the girls wearing different. As far as how many in my wedding party i'm not sure. This has been the biggest struggle for me so far is deciding on a wedding party. I just have sooo many girls who have been an important part of my life! Anyone have a similar struggle??? if so how did you decide?

I would love to include all the girls, but that would mean asking my fiance to pick men that he isnt as close to, to stand up there with him just to match my number and I dont feel comfortable doing that too him.

i have had this same stuggle!! i am having 6 and don't want to go over that number, as it will be a small wedding. i have kind of lucked out somewhat because i am having a destination wedding.
    i just picked my girls, but it was hard. i basically chose on who is able to travel FOR SURE. i have 3 other girls (2 of which i was a bridesmaid in their weddings), who have all said they will TRY to make it, & who i dont have the heart to tell that i already picked my bridesmaids :cry:
    so if they ask later, i will just say i needed to pick based on who i could count on going. i just hope i dont hurt anyone's feelings for not asking them.:frown:
    my thought is this as well, i picked the girls i am closest to at this time in life............if that help you any!!
    it's hard i know!!
  • lightweightdiva
    lightweightdiva Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have six girls and a guy on my side... the girls are in all different colors. They're all jewel tones and the colors are purple, yellow, silver, orange, green, and red. And my guy friend is just going to wear a suit that isn't black to differentiate from the groom's side, so maybe grey or chocolate brown. I'm letting my girls pick their dresses as well as long as they are satin and knee-length so there is some uniformity! It's going to be very colorful! :)
  • rg8817
    rg8817 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have 8 bridesmaids! Crazy! They are wearing purple! They are all wearing the same dress (but they are all going at the same time to try on/hopefully agree- wishful thinking I'm sure). We are going in December to look at them!
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Right now I have 2 in my bridal party, 1 Matron & 1 BM. I had another BM but due to unecessary drama she was excused.
    My color choices are Coral, White & Silver. I've been married before but this is my 1st wedding so I won't be wearing White but maybe Egg Shell, Ivory, Off White or Champange as my wedding gown. We will all be wearing White at the reception as our theme is a White Party hence the new last name will be White. Oh yeah I forgot to mention they will be picking their own dressess since they each have their own title but it will be in the color (of) schemes!
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I have a maid of honor who is my best friend, my sister will be my matron of honor, and then 1 bridesmaid.

I was originally giong to let them pick any dress as long as it was the right color. That was a disaster. My bridesmaid chose a horrid dress in satin (wedding is in August). It was long in the back and above the knee in the front. Fine if you're having a winter wedding, or you're 15 and going to prom. She's 43 and doesn't have the body to wear it and look good. (I'm not judgemental, just dont want to have her upset in the end when she realizes what it looks like). So, I changed my mind and picked 6 dresses with 3 different necklines, and 2 different lengths. They can chose from those. They also have the option of color: turquoise (it's actually the color Tiffany uses for their jewelry) with a gray sash, or gray with a turquoise sash.

Maid of honor and bridesmaid are doing turq. short halter top, matron is doing gray with turq sash short strapless.
  • Amara15
    Amara15 Posts: 211 Member
    Options

i have had this same stuggle!! i am having 6 and don't want to go over that number, as it will be a small wedding. i have kind of lucked out somewhat because i am having a destination wedding.
    i just picked my girls, but it was hard. i basically chose on who is able to travel FOR SURE. i have 3 other girls (2 of which i was a bridesmaid in their weddings), who have all said they will TRY to make it, & who i dont have the heart to tell that i already picked my bridesmaids :cry:
    so if they ask later, i will just say i needed to pick based on who i could count on going. i just hope i dont hurt anyone's feelings for not asking them.:frown:
    my thought is this as well, i picked the girls i am closest to at this time in life............if that help you any!!
    it's hard i know!!

Thanks so much! Its good to know i'm not the only person with this struggle either! In the last 3 years i have been in 9 weddings, so if i ask all those brides that already gives me 9 and thats just the people who have been married recently, not including any of my single girlfriends or my sisters. ugh this will be the hardest part of the whole thing for me!
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I have a maid of honor who is my best friend, my sister will be my matron of honor, and then 1 bridesmaid.

I was originally giong to let them pick any dress as long as it was the right color. That was a disaster. My bridesmaid chose a horrid dress in satin (wedding is in August). It was long in the back and above the knee in the front. Fine if you're having a winter wedding, or you're 15 and going to prom. She's 43 and doesn't have the body to wear it and look good. (I'm not judgemental, just dont want to have her upset in the end when she realizes what it looks like). So, I changed my mind and picked 6 dresses with 3 different necklines, and 2 different lengths. They can chose from those. They also have the option of color: turquoise (it's actually the color Tiffany uses for their jewelry) with a gray sash, or gray with a turquoise sash.

Maid of honor and bridesmaid are doing turq. short halter top, matron is doing gray with turq sash short strapless.

That sounds amazing!!!! :D Can't wait to see the piccies xxxxx
  • Kellster30
    Kellster30 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My MOH/bridesmaids will all be wearing the same dress and the colour is purple. We went and picked out the dress at the end of August - we had a blast! There are only 3 of them, and we're all friends with each other so it was so fun and easy to pick out a dress that we all loved!
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Wow! Seems like a lot of you are using purple as your color. It is a very popular and pretty color :)

I also have 5 bridesmaids and one maid of honor. THey are all wearing Royal blue. Originally I had said pick any dress as long as its in the exact same color. When we went and tried on dresses there werent that many choices to choose frm in my exact color. But one dress looked great on all of the girls so we went with that one. Shorter, Strapless, satiny and also sweetheart neckline like mine. My Maid of honor is a bit bustier so she went with a different dress, one with straps. Its nice cause it fits her better AND this way she stands out a lil cause her dress is different than eveyrone else
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting to plan (the wedding is next October). :) I found a color on David's Bridal that I liked for the bridesmaids dresses (Cognac). We're going with fall-themed colors, since it's my fiance's and I's favorite season. There are three bridesmaids (including the Maid of Honor - my sister). I'm hoping to see the color in person this weekend and make a decision for the bridesmaids dresses. Accent colors are going to be yellow and red-orange. :) And probably some green mixed in somewhere.
  • stephske2
    Options
    Right now I am loving the Colbalt Blue for Bridesmaids. Its a form evening wedding so they will be long but since its June they need to be light in weight.
    Accent colors are coral and teal like seaglass color.
  • KMRose1788
    KMRose1788 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am just having my sister, his sister, and my best friend. The maids will be wearing http://www.henkaa.com/ dresses which can be tied about 29540 different ways so everyone can be happy and comfortable. I think they will be wearing navy, but I haven't decided yet. Also I want one of those dresses too, they are so cool!
  • andonsmama
    Options
    I am just having my sister, his sister, and my best friend. The maids will be wearing http://www.henkaa.com/ dresses which can be tied about 29540 different ways so everyone can be happy and comfortable. I think they will be wearing navy, but I haven't decided yet. Also I want one of those dresses too, they are so cool!

they are cool, i want one too LOL
  • Aedrah
    Aedrah Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I want my girls to be happy in what they're wearing, and I'm not a dictator by any means - it really doesn't mean that much to me what they wear. But it means a lot to me if they're happy and comfortable in it. We're doing a destination wedding, so I'll leave the fabric choice up to them.

So... I told them to wear their favorite black dress, or use it as an excuse to get one! Then, at the wedding we'll decide if it needs a splash of white and use some white belts/sashes that we plan to have.

My maid of honour wants to make sure that they're all the same length, but I don't even really mind that.. their length of dress isn't the focus of the day and I think the contrast between black and white will be nice enough :)

That's it!
  • Cazmummyof2
    Options
    Having a big struggle with this!!!
    Our colors are dictated by my flowers ( which i already have) and my partners suit.
    Though my two brides maids couldn't be any more different if they tried one is straight up and down the other is cuvalicious, our colors are cerise and silver..... hard to decided on what colors to actually put them in as our wedding is in the summer! and thought a silver was a bit cold? but then nice hot pink dresses are hard to come by!