HOLY LUNCH LADIES, BATMAN!

Options
2»

Replies

• OhThatBlonde
    OhThatBlonde Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    the way I found Kathy is I went to my page and to the left is search box up to the top, and I put in kat2174 then it cam up something that says pinners to the left side and I clicked on that and kathy's picture came up.. Then when I had done that I went back to my page and on the right side its says following or followers click on following and then it should bring up kat2174 then click on that and you should be able to get into her pins. Hope this helps.
    thx! it worked .... I think :)
  • Bassgirl51
    Options
    I would like to learn how to roast vegetables so they turn out like a restaurants. I have tried it three times and I can't seem to figure it out . Even after googling several recipies. I think my oven is broke. Lol.
  • AliceNov2011
    AliceNov2011 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I would like to learn how to roast vegetables so they turn out like a restaurants. I have tried it three times and I can't seem to figure it out . Even after googling several recipies. I think my oven is broke. Lol.

Tell me how you've tried it and we'll see if we can diagnose the problem. ;c)
  • AliceNov2011
    Options
    Here we are, just 10 days young as a group, and almost 900 members! That tells me that there's a real hunger (pun intended) for women (of the grown up variety) to get together and share their experiences on our journey to health.

I am so happy that you have all come together here. Feel free to invite your friends (here's the link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/9239-the-ladies-who-lunch).

You're already doing a wonderful job of keeping the conversation going, so all I can ask now is that you get out there and CHANGE THE WORLD!

Smiles,
    Alice
  • Bassgirl51
    Options

Frozen broccoli and cauliflower with a little squash thrown in, or red peppers. Tossed in a little olive oil and seasoning. Spread on a cookie sheet or cake pan, baked at 375-425 (3 different suggestions. Tried all three) for 25-45 mins. They come out not tasting so good, kind of soggy, just bleh. No real taste. They are barely browned. The cauliflower finally was yesterday a little bit.
    I know some recipies call for planko I have no idea what that is. Ad I am trying to stay away from adding carbs to it anyway.
  • Bassgirl51
    Options
    has anybody found a great skin firmer? my neck is bugging me....

I have recently started using a compounding pharmacy ( don't let the recent news scare you) and they had a skin therapy kit they had samples of.
    I am a huge sceptic when it comes to skin care stuff because I have tried several, my skin used to look really bad. Bumpy, wrinkles, broken out blotches, even after menopause. Not as oily as it used to be but still oily in some places.

Anyway I tried this sample stuff. It freaking works as far as clearing the skin up. It had some firming serum in it but I only tried it a couple of times. It did tighten my skin. I could feel it. The mask if you put it on a zit at nght and leave it on all night. It's gone by the next morning. My skin smoothed out and the color evened out. All the blotches and brown spots were gone.

I am sure there are other dealers of it around the country. It is called "RX skin therapy. " all natural stuff in it.

I was so impressed with it that once I get my heart rate monitor paid for I am buying the kit. It is expensive, but it goes a long ways too. The sample kit was really small but it lasted a month.
  • AliceNov2011
    Options

Frozen broccoli and cauliflower with a little squash thrown in, or red peppers. Tossed in a little olive oil and seasoning. Spread on a cookie sheet or cake pan, baked at 375-425 (3 different suggestions. Tried all three) for 25-45 mins. They come out not tasting so good, kind of soggy, just bleh. No real taste. They are barely browned. The cauliflower finally was yesterday a little bit.
    I know some recipies call for planko I have no idea what that is. Ad I am trying to stay away from adding carbs to it anyway.

Panko is a Japanese bread crumb that is very crunchy (and delicious). But, yes, it adds carbs and white flour.

I think your problem is that you're using frozen vegetables. Most of them have too much water, which is why you're getting a soggy result.

My recommendation is to do what you've been doing (I use a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until you get the brownness you're looking for), but try it with fresh vegetables or unfrozen (organic) vegetables in a bag (easiest).

That said, I did have pretty good results with Trader Joe's frozen broccoli, but I think that's because the florets are individually flash-frozen, so they didn't release as much water.

Final tip -- sprinkle the whole thing with copious amounts of grated parmesan (not the powdery stuff, but grated), and it will give you some wonderful salty little crunchies with your vegetables that are DIVINE!

Let us know how it works!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Anyone on Pinterest? I've got ton of great recipes on there. My user name is kat2174 if you want to take a look. I'm having the Chicken Enchilada Soup tonight!

I love Pinterest...totally addicted to it! And I have a ton of recipes on there too!! I'm twinmomtwicex4 if anyone wants to follow!
  • Bassgirl51
    Options

Panko is a Japanese bread crumb that is very crunchy (and delicious). But, yes, it adds carbs and white flour.

I think your problem is that you're using frozen vegetables. Most of them have too much water, which is why you're getting a soggy result.

My recommendation is to do what you've been doing (I use a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until you get the brownness you're looking for), but try it with fresh vegetables or unfrozen (organic) vegetables in a bag (easiest).

That said, I did have pretty good results with Trader Joe's frozen broccoli, but I think that's because the florets are individually flash-frozen, so they didn't release as much water.

Final tip -- sprinkle the whole thing with copious amounts of grated parmesan (not the powdery stuff, but grated), and it will give you some wonderful salty little crunchies with your vegetables that are DIVINE!

Let us know how it works!

Thanks! You're right they are frozen.