Body fat percentage changes

Options
nexangelus
nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
Hey ladies! Just a quick one to let you know my progress. Am still doing heavy lifting (Wendler's 5/3/1), this week is my de-load with my programme, finding it odd as it is so quick and easy to go lighter, but filling the time with push ups, pull ups, jumping squats, dips, that kind of thing. Feeling strong...also ran 4.6 miles last night (to the gym and back). *fist pump*

Anyway. When I began at the gym in April my bodyfat was 31.5%. Measurements were bust 40, waist 34, hips 41 (inches). Weight 158 lbs.

Next measurement was July when I had started stronglifts. Bodyfat was 30.2 %. Measurements were bust 39, waist 33, hips 40. Weight 156 lbs.

In August my bodyfat was 28.8 %. Measurements were bust 38, waist 33, hips 39. Weight was 160 lbs.

My weight has increased to about 164 lbs highest in my bulking phase. Measurements stayed the same, although hips did go back up to 40 inches. And my bust has puffed up again (phew, did not want to lose too much boob).

Today after doing a few weeks of deficit eating and still managing to lift heavy, my bodyfat is 27.3 %. Measurements are bust 39, waist 32, hips 40. Weight 159 lbs.

I do not weigh myself daily or even weekly. Next weigh in and measure will be November. Sorry I don't do progress pics, I am far too embarrassed to put my flabby bod out there in the open. I just measure and weigh monthly and gauge changes I need to make from there.

Hope you are all doing well and keeping strong! : )

Replies

• iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Great progress!

And more power to you, I'd never be able to run back home after the gym. My legs just can't handle it. :laugh:
  • dany_m
    dany_m Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    That's a great achievement.
    Do you use calipers for the BF measurement?
  • vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    awesome progress!
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm getting a bodpod analysis done this week and then I'll get another one done after Strong Lifts since it seems to be super accurate. Otherwise, at home I usually use the handheld electronic body fat analyzer thing or there's one on my scale. Those say anywhere from 23-26 so who knows what I am.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I use the calipers( accu-measure), and whilst not 100 % accurate, they give a rough guideline. You have to do a few measurements and get used to using them, the pinching can be a bit painful if you get it wrong. I would be too embarrassed to have a proper measurement done (think they do the back of the arm, the middle of the back and the usual area, an inch above the hip bone).

Thanks for the encouragement. I used to be obsessed with the scale, the amount of food I consumed...this method seems a lot more laid back and more intuitive to me. It has been a long time to get out of bad habits. This method could also become obsessive I am sure, but I know my triggers and the signs, so fingers crossed, this is going to be a huge step in the right direction.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Great progress!

And more power to you, I'd never be able to run back home after the gym. My legs just can't handle it. :laugh:

God me neither, 2 days after squats and I'm kind of hobbling around my office still.

Great progress nex - i'm jelly of your measurements actually, you're keeping nice proportions! we're nearly the same size and measurements and everything which is kind of cool (also yeah my hip measurement doesn't seem to change BUT the way my pants fit around my hips does, so something is happening - and I have WAY more BUTT down which is sweet)
  • amylahminute
    amylahminute Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    You sound like you've nothing to be embarrassed about. I totally admire all that you've accomplished so far. Way to go!!