Friendship with Ex

Options
2»

Replies

• oualum26
    oualum26 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I had a very strong attachment to my ex for many years, and we were friends during that whole time. But then, he got married. I accepted that it wasn't meant to be and I was still grateful to be his friend, because at the end of the day, he's one of my best friends in the world. Now I'm the God Mother to his son. This is what was meant to be and I wouldn't change it for anything.

Do what feels right for you. That's the best advice to give. But friendships can work with exes.
  • oualum26
    oualum26 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    It depends on if you are still holding out hope that she'll come around and want to get back together? Are you wanting to be friends with her because you honestly enjoy the person or are you only trying to be there so she can "see" what's she's missing? I believe that men and women can only be friends if both do not have an attraction to each other or want to be more than friends.

I disagree. Many of my friends are men. I honestly have more guy friends then girl friends. And honestly, I'm attracted to many of them because they are good looking people that have great personalities and any girl would be lucky to be with them. But I know that we are friends and that's as far as it goes.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Avoid friendship with the ex. You go your way, she goes hers.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    The only person who will benefit from this is her. Don't torture yourself man, move on.

I agree with Jim for sure.