POPEYE was strong bc of SPINACH?! No way!!! 10/30

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Today let's talk protein. Eat a good quality lean protein today! If you are a meat eater then eat lean cuts of meat...yes hamburger is still good just choose one with a lower fat %. If using ground turkey consider a higher content of turkey breast in the mixture. And eggs...what more can I say!
Now meat eaters and vegetarians/vegans alike can enjoy the goodness of beans! So many varieties and they all taste different...at least to me they do.
Let's not forget Tofu & tempeh.
Of course there are some plant life, nuts and seeds that we can also get our protein from too! Popeye was not crazy eating his spinach!
Protein not only help keep us full but help build and repair those muscles you worked out yesterday doing those squats with dumb-bells! Making hormones in your body need proteins...your immune system...so which ever you like eat the protein and stay STRONG! RAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!

Peace,
WW
http://www.livestrong.com/article/27303-list-lean-protein-foods/

Replies

• lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    You got it, WW. :grumble: This face resembles the look Popeye would give when trying to eat his spinach. I like spinach. This is my face :happy: But alas I do not have any spinach :frown:
  • fajeeta
    fajeeta Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Lool! We're on the same vibe. Had eggs over spinach this morning. :D Toot toot! (As in Popeye's pipe, not what my six year old would be giggling about...)
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    You got it, WW. :grumble: This face resembles the look Popeye would give when trying to eat his spinach. I like spinach. This is my face :happy: But alas I do not have any spinach :frown:

He was also eating nasty canned spinach. I'd make the same face if I was eating canned spinach. Fresh it can be amazing.
  • dawnhart77
    dawnhart77 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is a great protein. Add some fruit or some nuts and you have a great filling snack. It helps me with those chocolate cravings around the 3 pm time! Or hummas and some veggies for dipping. Also a great snack too. Thanks for the reminder to eat some yummy protein. I'm off to lunch with my husband and this will help me focus on something better for me on the menu!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is a great protein. Add some fruit or some nuts and you have a great filling snack. It helps me with those chocolate cravings around the 3 pm time! Or hummus and some veggies for dipping.

LOOOL! How could I forget Greek yogurt esp when I eat it out the tub! Love the stuff! I want to learn how to make hummus. Yummo!
  • kriskerans
    kriskerans Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Started a slow cooker pot of White Chicken and Northern Beans chili, lookin forward to dinner tonight after work !!!
  • bpyoyo
    bpyoyo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Started a slow cooker pot of White Chicken and Northern Beans chili, lookin forward to dinner tonight after work !!!

I'd love to have this recipe if it wouldn't be too much trouble for you to PM me. Thanks!! :)
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options

He was also eating nasty canned spinach. I'd make the same face if I was eating canned spinach. Fresh it can be amazing.

Mr Aak, you are righto! When my husband and I were newly married I had to ween him off canned veggies. I never had canned vegetables growing up and that was all he ever ate. I remember when he did the grocery shopping he bought canned asparagus. He kept telling me how delicious it was however trust me, it was worse than spinach and baby food combined! I gagged and could not eat even one bite. Fresh whenever you can and frozen when you cannot are the best choices. Thanks for the memory :tongue: