dragonCon 2013

Options
got my tickets (lowest possible price available prior to the first hike)

and my hotel reservations uptown in Dunwoody. Don't need to stay downtown with the get-your-freak-on people. I'm very content to remain mellow and to myself.

who's going?

I did hook up on LOH forum for all of one week, then got banned due to not being geeky enough and posting a kudos on a thread I wasn't supposed to talk on. Had to laugh at that because I realized what that forum was really about and was glad I found out sooner than later, lol. Yep, I'm all girl here, not a dude.

I have two costumes I'll wear, but want to know how the AC is in most of the convention halls. Cold? I know it will be super hot outside walking between venues.

Replies

• berry83sweet
    berry83sweet Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm an eternal member of dragoncon. I prefer to stay at the host hotels to avoid the commute. Although it is a pain to book them and can be pricey. I feel like getting to experience the con in one of the host hotels is way better than being miles away. I have stayed all over! It is hot or rainy sometimes. The hotels are decent about the temperature but with tons of people coming in and out it can be toasty near door ways. I've never had a major problem with it.
  • allomanticflare
    Options
    I'm going for the first time this year with my husband - I've been to one small RHPS con and several anime conventions, but nothing that compares with D*C for attendance. We're staying at Holiday Inn Atlanta Capitol Conference Center, which supposedly has a shuttle that goes by the host hotels, so hopefully I won't miss out on much by not staying closer. :smile: Anything you can recommend as a should-not-miss event?