First Week! Karen from Newcastle

Options
karenc118
karenc118 Posts: 78 Member
Hi all, just joined again this week after several months off, tried weight watchers inbetween but sick of wasting my time and money,
been a permanent dieter most of my adult life! lost 35lb a couple of years ago, gained about 7lb and desperate not to put any more on, infact would like to lose another couple of stone!
my downfall is the weekends, all sense goes out of the window with a glass of wine! :drinker:

Replies

• hi Karen,

and welcome, im from newcastle too, add me if you like my downfall is the wine too im afraid:laugh:
  • dawnshot
    dawnshot Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    I'm from South Shields. Only have about 5lbs more to lose, but really need toning! My lifestyle has changed over the last few months, clean eating and a lot more exercise....and hardly any alcohol!
  • sarouk
    sarouk Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well all the best Karen from another North East MFP member. I'm sure you can do it. Like you I joined some time ago then lapsed, however since returning to the site I have managed to keep on track and am closing in on my goals so if I can do it I'm certain you can.
  • NaughtyForties
    Options
    I also like a social drink....

What works for me and maybe worth a try is to make sure you exercise on days when heading out. For example Friday evening is a typical evening out. I purposely play squash on Friday circa 5.30, as by the time I meet up with the crowd my body just doesn't want copious amounts of alcohol and keeps my intake in check. Give it a try as it just might work for you too.

HTH
  • karenc118
    karenc118 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    good idea, will try that one.
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I also do some excercise (walking for wine I call it) if I know I am going to be having a drink however- since I virtually stopped drinking at home - I cut down over several weeks I find I am not thinking about it too much....what has happend to me???LOL and good luck
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen.

I am a Gerodie currently living in Newcastle. MFP is like all eating plans/aid. Use it to its fullest and you will get loads out of it.

Good luck and add me if you need friends ( although I have been off the wagon for a few weeks but back on it from tomorrow)

Debs
  • willo78
    willo78 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    *Waves hello*

I'm a Smoggy but surely you can't hold that against me? Besides, there must be some form of medication for it these days?!

Onwards and downwards!