What do you wish you'd known sooner?

Options
2»

Replies

• itswennndy
    Options
    I wish i would have realized that the most important thing is taking care of yourself from the inside out. If you don't understand why you gained the weight, you will never be able to fully keep it off.

I Agree!!!
  • dwebbqt
    dwebbqt Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've always battled with my weight. However, when I was younger and went on a "diet", the weight would come off fairly quickly & easily for me----all I did was focus on healthy eating and excercise. Now that I'm in my mid-forties, it's just simply not that easy any more. I wish I would've realized all of this 10+ years ago, and kept the weight off at that point!!!! It's coming off again now,...but BOY! It's taking a lot of HARD WORK and dedication!

This is the big one for me! I just gave this advise to my 25 year old daughter who is trying to loose weight. She cant believe the difference at 25 compared to teens. I told her its soooo much harder in your 40's, so just keep it off now!
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    ...That making small but achievable changes add up to big results...

This principle is what is helping me change now, and not just health-wise but in other aspects of my life, too.

Baby-stepping into new habits and mindsets really is life(style) changing. :)
  • traceface71
    traceface71 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I wish I hadn't thrown in the towel so early....instead of making a bad decision and moving forward, I would often say "eff it" and just quit trying. I did this not only with food but some other things in life. It's kind if funny, I always thought of myself as a tough chick and as I've aged I realize what a scared quitter I truly was...well, I was still kinda kick *kitten*. ;)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew sooner that running wasn't a natural born skill, and it could be learned.

I wish I knew sooner that while you need to eat less than you burn, you don't need to eat THAT MUCH less than you burn.

I wish I knew sooner that weight lifting makes you sexy as hell. :laugh:
  • bekinator
    Options
    I wish i would have realized that the most important thing is taking care of yourself from the inside out. If you don't understand why you gained the weight, you will never be able to fully keep it off.

^^ bump this ^^ I'm still soul-searching on this issue too...
  • IslandRider
    Options
    That I need to love myself and take care of myself before I can really love and take care of anyone else.
  • Ivyzmama
    Ivyzmama Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I wish I would have listened to my head and not my heart. (Or anything below that, like the stomach :wink: )
  • trugift
    trugift Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA