November Sleever

Options
Hello,

I am scheduled to be sleeved on November 14, I am a liitle scared, mostly about some of the changes I know I am going to go thru. I know I cant drink coffee for 6 weeks after, so I am trying to cut back. I am trying to plan on foods that I can eat in the puree stage and then after. Any suggestions on how to prepare myself so that my body is not in as much as shock?

Thanks
Christina:flowerforyou:

Replies

• pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    HI! Had my sleeve July 2011. Wean yourself either totally off coffee or onto decaf now. I started with adding a scoop of decap to the pot, then two, and so on until it was all decap. No caffine headach. As for pureed foods, with enough liquid, most foods can be pureed. My doctor's office has a store where I could get all the high protein drinks and food. Prices are about what they are in the stores and I knew I was getting high grade product. I still go buy the unflavored protein powder to add to things to up the protein content. Doesn't change the taste, so that's a good thing to have on hand. Eggs are going to be hard to digest for awhile because the yolks are very dense. Didn't know this, but discovered eggs didn't work for a liquid/pureed diet. I really had to wait until the "soft" food stage for those.

I could go on and on, but you get the idea. Feel free to friend me and/or send a message. I will be happy to help if I can.