Snacking at work/during the day

allietuge
allietuge Posts: 343 Member
What are your snacks of choice that is low calorie and filling. My work offers food but its horrible food (dough nuts, cookies ect) just looking for some other suggestions you all might have :0)

Replies

• Daddys_Boogie121
    Daddys_Boogie121 Posts: 66 Member
    I snack on the 100 calorie packs or multi grain cheerios i love em 1 cup has like 100 calories plus 20 g of multigrain n they r lightly sweetened so they taste pretty good.
  • Zainia
    Zainia Posts: 59 Member
    Dry cereal yum :) I try to get a high fiber/low sugar one. Try FiberPlus Cinnamon Crunch (doesn't have chicory root) or Kashi's Honey Sunshine. PB multigrain cheerios are good too but they only have 2g fiber vs. the 9 and 5 of the other two. If your work has a microwave, you could heat up oatmeal or a lowcal soup (be careful b/c most "single serve" containers actually serve two).

Celery with hummus
    Raspberries
    Granola bar (same qualifications as cereal: low sugar/high fiber)
    Small banana w/ .5 TSBP peanut butter
  • JohnnyKitty
    JohnnyKitty Posts: 117 Member
    Try granola or chopped up fruit :D
  • jwall956
    jwall956 Posts: 35 Member
    my workplace has horrible food for snacks as well as meals. lots of potatoes and such. i try to stick to an apple, avoid cheese and have yogurt.
  • freckles_cmj
    freckles_cmj Posts: 205 Member
    I dont work outside the home, but there are plenty of tempting bad treats here with the kids. I try to stick to carrots and fruit.
  • lorriannly
    lorriannly Posts: 37 Member
    I like to snack on almonds, string cheese, and fat free yogurt
  • Rice cakes, pretzels, string cheese, and fruits! :)