Checking In

Options
Hi, everyone!

It's been a bit since I've heard from all of you and wondering how everyone is doing? I have been praying for each of you in your journeys. We have much in common, but each of our lives and journeys is also unique!

As for me, the scale has been stuck. However, I'm grateful for the 65 lbs I HAVE been able to lose and am focusing on the fact that I feel MUCH better than I did before I dropped them. I'm also focusing on the fact that my bloodwork has almost all normalized (I had high blood pressure, high triglycerides, high A1C, etc. My A1C is still one point above normal, but everything else is in the normal range. I am grateful to God for that! I am also focusing on my weight not defining me. It's frustrating, but there is SO much more to each of us than how much we weigh!

If you have the time, ladies, please check in. I'd LOVE to hear from each of my Christian Cysters!

Blessings,
Kristina

Replies

• Dawnie524
    Options
    Hello-
    I can't say that I have been Checking here...or at all recently...I didn't want to come back because I see it as another thing that I have to do daily on the computer (work and school). However with that being said...I have gained 20lbs!!! I was distraught and not feeling very good about myself. So with the new app on my phone it makes it easier. So I am back in the swing of things now. Pray for me!! I need it.
    Dawn
  • AshleyCarol
    Options
    HI Singanote!

I just joined this group and I am glad to be here. I had suspected PCOS but not confirmed since I was around 16-10 years ago. I received my official diagnosis in 2006. I have problems with insulin resistance, skin issues, mood issues....and much more. I have been obese most of my life and recently had gastric surgery (vsg). I have now lost 85 pounds and going. I am excited to be a part of the group to support and get support, with those who know what it's like.

Ashley
  • singanote
    Options
    Dawnie, I am glad you came back. I SO understand what you mean about having yet another thing to do. The phone app has been a HUGE help to me, as well! I don't want to be legalistic about eating right but, the truth is, logging everything I eat helps me to plan better and to make better choices on a daily basis. Please let us know if there is any way that works best to encourage you and support you. For example, I don't do well with the "kick me in the butt" kind of "encouragement" because I equate that to when I was a kid and my mom was always trying to get me to eat better by saying I should and should not do this and that...it pushes me the other direction. However, I know people that IS the best way to encourage them. So, whatever you need...including, of course, prayer...please keep us in the loop. I did pray for you today, by the way!
  • singanote
    Options
    Hi, Ashley! SO glad you're here! So glad to hear you've had some luck with the gastric surgery. I am sure there are others on this board that you will be an encouragement to--as well as being encouraged yourself!

Yes, PCOS can be a real drag. I do not like the constant battle with weight, hair, skin, mood, etc. But, more and more, I am learning to do what is healthy for myself, to accept the things about myself that will probably not change, and to do my best to see myself the way God does--as a treasured child of the Most High God! Praying for all of us to see ourselves through His eyes and to remember to rely on His power to help us move in healthy directions. I know I can't do it without Him, that's for sure! :o)