periods of apathy

Options
4themoney
4themoney Posts: 797 Member
do you experience them? where you just don't care? you're completely indifferent to meeting new people in general? you feel maybe a bit more choosey or intolerant?

i think i'm experiencing this now. not sure what to do about it, other than ride it out.

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    It's been me for the past few months. I am very happy with most of my life, and the things that I am not happy with won't be solved by going out and meeting someone new.
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Funny you should mention this. I feel like this today. I have a first date tonight with someone I've known for a while and feel like I'd rather go home and take a bath than go out. I just feel blah.....
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Ride it OUT Ride Ride Ride :)

On a serious note I have been in this "period" for the awhile now and I honestly don't think it is a bad thing nor do I think I need to change it. To quote Ferris Buller, "life moves pretty fast if you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it" I view this period of apathy that I am in as me stopping and looking around!!!!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Yep! I've pretty much been in that mood all year. Just.can't.be.bothered!

Still, I think life is about phases and this one will surely pass :flowerforyou:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Yup, this is normal. Just stay busy and enjoy spending the time by yourself for now. You'll most likely bounce back to being social sooner rather than later. :flowerforyou:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've been like that for months now
  • LoggingForLife
    Options
    Ride it OUT Ride Ride Ride :)

On a serious note I have been in this "period" for the awhile now and I honestly don't think it is a bad thing nor do I think I need to change it. To quote Ferris Buller, "life moves pretty fast if you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it" I view this period of apathy that I am in as me stopping and looking around!!!!

Oh, good attitude to have. Now to ditch the date....hmmmmmm....(jk).
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Since my life is in transition right now...must sell the farm and relocate to God only knows where,this pretty much describes where I am at locally.
    There simply is no point given that I don`t want to be here so why should I look for something serious if it can`t continue.
    I doubt there would be much interest the other way either knowing I don`t intend to stay in NY.
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Sometimes it's because of other things going on in life and sometimes, you just need some you time. I know I was totally like that after my divorce because I felt like I needed some selfish time to just take care of me. Definitely ride it out. You'll be happy you did!
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Since my life is in transition right now...must sell the farm and relocate to God only knows where,this pretty much describes where I am at locally.
    There simply is no point given that I don`t want to be here so why should I look for something serious if it can`t continue.
    I doubt there would be much interest the other way either knowing I don`t intend to stay in NY.

I think you would make a good Wisconsin guy Carl.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Funny you should mention this. I feel like this today. I have a first date tonight with someone I've known for a while and feel like I'd rather go home and take a bath than go out. I just feel blah.....

Feeling this way before a date is awful. I've felt it. I've told this story before but the last time I felt this way I faked diarrhea so he'd leave. It worked because we had eaten mexican food for dinner. I didn't ask him in but the last time (which was the first) we went out I did so he just assumed and I didn't have the "balls" to tell him no.

I hope the feeling you have goes away for you end up having a great time tonight.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

But it is cold there too!!:laugh:
  • LoggingForLife
    Options

Feeling this way before a date is awful. I've felt it. I've told this story before but the last time I felt this way I faked diarrhea so he'd leave. It worked because we had eaten mexican food for dinner. I didn't ask him in but the last time (which was the first) we went out I did so he just assumed and I didn't have the "balls" to tell him no.

I hope the feeling you have goes away for you end up having a great time tonight.

Thank you. I'm sure it will be fine. I'll suggest Mexican just in case!!!!
  • 4themoney
    Options
    the house across the street from me is up for rent. if you need some farm chores, i can put you to work in my yard..... you get up WAY earlier than i do. the birds would be happier with you letting them out in the morning than they are with me!!! ;-)

• jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I dont really have periods of apathy its more like small bursts of it. Usually if I'm tired I start thinking man do I really want to go out yada yada yada. I have discovered a hot shower usually cure this for me and I make myself go out. 9 times out of 10 it was a good thing I made myself go out. I have fun maybe meet new people or just hang out with my current peeps
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

Awwww that's a sweet exchange :bigsmile:

Carl, why dont you open your heart up to the possibility of long distance dating down south. That way, if you fall for each other you can just move where she is when the farm is sold etc!! :bigsmile:
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options

Well I don't know much about the warm states... Summers are unreal in the midwest though!!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i go through periods of this as well. it's mainly when i start thinking about my chances of meeting guys who a)are attracted to me b)i'm also attracted to c) are available. that's A LOT of lightening needing to strike in one location :laugh:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    i go through periods of this as well. it's mainly when i start thinking about my chances of meeting guys who a)are attracted to me b)i'm also attracted to c) are available. that's A LOT of lightening needing to strike in one location :laugh:

:laugh: You're funny Mesha! :laugh:
  • 4themoney
    Options
    i completely agree with this. too many stars need to line up to find mutual attraction AND emotional availability all in ONE connection.

i am hoping this ends soon. it's been about 5 weeks. and like i said, i'm not sure if it's me expecting too much or what. there was the whatever guy last friday. the friday before i had a first date. it was EH. ya know, just eh. but, i was willing to give him another shot. couldn't tell if he was nervous, lacked confidence, or just wasn't really all that interested.

he seemed to want another date, but for whatever reason couldn't come out and just ask me out again. for one, he couldn't pick up the phone and call.. which is annoying. but then, instead of saying " would you like to go out with me again?" he said something close to that but it was more like " or are you not interested." i told him i was, but like i said, he never really asked me out again and never called and then he poofed.