How do you describe your way of eating?

Options
amflautist
amflautist Posts: 941 Member
Are you a low carb eater, do you do clean eating, high protein, vegan, ...?
What short phrase do you use when you talk about your way of eating?

Replies

• zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I guess you'd consider me low carb, but I don't think I am. I set my macros at 30 carb/30 fat/40 protein. I strive to have around 1500 calories a day and not eat my exercise calories back.
  • annemckee
    annemckee Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Good home cooking,
    fruit and vegetables,
    portion controlled
  • hairsprayhon
    hairsprayhon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Lots of fruits and veggies, nuts, popcorn, low processed and local is best.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Health complaint forces low refined carbs but ultimately I strive to eat intuitively.
  • AliceNov2011
    AliceNov2011 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I eat mostly clean, organic, high protein, whole foods with special attention to sodium (under 1500mg/day). That balances out to moderately low carb (@100g net), but I usually have 2-3 portions of whole grains and fruit each day.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Low carb, mostly clean, always delicious :-)
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    Portion control..I basically eat anything I want, just not a ton of it. Haven't cut out any food, or group.
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I do eat low(er) carb (due to PCOS), but I tend to tell people IRL that I eat "whole foods". I say something like "I primarily eat whole foods like fish, meats, veggies, cheese and I don't by any processed foods like frozen meals, hamburger helper, chef boyardee, etc. I avoid crappy carbs."

The reason I do this is because people IRL tend to think that low carb is a quick weight loss thing and IMHO it should not be. I don't want people to look at my weight loss and think "she lost weight eating low carb so that's what I'm going to do" only to have them put it back on when they start eating carbs again. If I tell them I eat whole foods, veggies, meat, fish, some fruit and stay away from processed foods it makes them think more long term.
  • Nina2503
    Nina2503 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Good home cooking,
    fruit and vegetables,
    portion controlled

This ^^^^^^^^
  • itsDorian7
    itsDorian7 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    High protein, lower carb, mostly clean, grazer.
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian, a lot of wholefoods and cooking from scratch, but that's not to say that on busy days I don't eat processed meat substitutes, I just do that in moderation. As someone else said, portion control is key really whatever you eat.
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I'm a nutritarian. That is, I try to eat foods that are nutritionally-dense rather than calorie-dense.
    That means lots of raw green vegetables, steamed vegetables, fruits, legumes, soy, nuts, seeds (in descending order of quantity). I'll eat brown rice, quinoa, other whole grains, about a cup or less a day. No white, refined and/or processed foods. I eat almost no diary, no bread, no pasta, no oil, and as little sodium as I possibly can. Never liked seafood much but will eat a bit now and then if it's well-cooked (i.e., dry and tasteless). And I haven't eaten meat in over 20 years.
    It's simple, and it works for me.
  • karint74
    karint74 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I just like to say I'm finally eating like an adult. As opposed to the kind of person who would eat cereal and ice cream for dinner. (Me c. last July.) I've finally gotten to the point where my daily consumption of sweets, when honestly admitted to someone in conversation, doesn't cause that person's jaw to hang in astonishment.:wink:
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I just like to say I'm finally eating like an adult. As opposed to the kind of person who would eat cereal and ice cream for dinner. (Me c. last July.) I've finally gotten to the point where my daily consumption of sweets, when honestly admitted to someone in conversation, doesn't cause that person's jaw to hang in astonishment.:wink:

I like your way of thinking.
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Controlled with indulgences.:smile:
  • juliesjuke
    juliesjuke Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Controlled with indulgences.:smile:

This is me also...
  • marciat100
    marciat100 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    From 2008 to 2011 I followed Dukan Diet. Worked very well, both the diet period and maintenance.
    In 2011, hormones started to give me some trouble. I lost control and got back about 20 or the 50 pounds eliminated before.
    Now, I am doing calorie count. My doctor says that I should go almost 100% with proteins, but I am trying to do it more balanced, fruits and some sweet and carb.
    My greatest problem: I eat fast. I would love to learn and definitely eat as a thin person, very slowly. Working on this more recently. Some days it works, other don't.

Any hint to help eating slowly ?
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Portion control..I basically eat anything I want, just not a ton of it. Haven't cut out any food, or group.
    ^^^^this^^^^
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    When I was trying to lose, I did lower carb. In maintenance, since I have continued to lose, I am adding more carbs as I go. This week I have been particularly high carb (for me) because I hit a new low last week that kinda scared me--I weighed the same thing I weighed the first week of 7th grade. That was 35 years ago. I haven't been that small since. So I'm trying to add a few pounds right now.

When most people ask, I say lower carb, because that means something to a lot of people. Others I tell that I eat mostly clean, altho I still eat some processed foods, but mostly whole wheat bread and organic yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese, frozen yogurt and sorbet. I'm trying not to give up too much because I have lost weight many times before and always gained it back, so I want to do it in a way that I can stick to this time.

Once I get back up a couple of pounds, I intend to stick a little more closely to a 30c/30p/40f plan. Right now I'm at 45c/25p/30f, but I have a hard time sticking to it.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I eat when I get hungry and I try to have a balance of protien and carb at every feeding.