Did you say Burnt Toast or Burnt out?!?!? 11/3

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Hey, just so you know...some of the challenges come from my past or current experiences with weight loss journey, some of your experiences....and of course all the stuff I love to read in magazines and books and online!

Today...is my experience! DO NOT be afraid to rest...oh trust me when I first started weight loss I though a sin to rest!!! EXERCISE Raaaaaah! Even when I read journals and even books from athletes about the importance of rest and how it effects your joints, muscle repair and mentally too! YOUR body needs a rest day...even if your rest day is just yoga or stretching...we all need it. DO NOT feel guilty...if this is a lifetime journey for you then is it realistic to go hard everyday??? YOU will burn out! I think why a lot of folks quit after a while...lose momentum.

It does not make you a bad person...if you want to rest today do it with a smile and take heart that you are doing something good for your body and mind!!!!!! REST is undervalued...to me it is PRICELESS! Big HUG!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Yes, Wonder Woman is 100% accurate the body needs rest. The 20 Second Fitness program is designed by this philosophy. You workout 6 days and rest the 7. However due to illness, stress, or female icky stuff you may want another extra day to allow your body proper rest. That was me yesterday. I did not do any exercise yesterday and today I had the umph to do the workout.

I like burnt toast. LOL
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Today and tomorrow are rest days for me for this week (same as every first weekend of the month,) I went to the Chiropractor this morning and have to take it easy for two days otherwise POP! my neck is out and I wasted $45.
    I do have some extra rest days right now, because normally 2-3 days a week I walk/jog but can't because of having my right little toe broken in 2 places so even walking is very difficult right now (partly because it's painful to put on shoes, nevermind walk!)
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Today and tomorrow are rest days for me for this week (same as every first weekend of the month,) I went to the Chiropractor this morning and have to take it easy for two days otherwise POP! my neck is out and I wasted $45.
    I do have some extra rest days right now, because normally 2-3 days a week I walk/jog but can't because of having my right little toe broken in 2 places so even walking is very difficult right now (partly because it's painful to put on shoes, nevermind walk!)
    Put that toe up, my friend. I hope it heals rapidly and in the mean time I pray that the reduced exercise will NOT have a negative affect.
  • kriskerans
    kriskerans Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    [/quote

Ouch!! I broke my little toe last year took a month to get a shoe on... Rest nd keep it up...I'm resting tomorrow and Monday for I'm celebrating my Birthday Monday :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    Options
    Put that toe up, my friend. I hope it heals rapidly and in the mean time I pray that the reduced exercise will NOT have a negative affect.
    Thanks, I have been, I have my fingers crossed that it won't have a negative affect, I'm getting in about 4 hours of working out total per week, and my trainer is making sure that my session with her has a good burn. Hardest part right now is that I want to EAT! so I'm struggling on the food side of it
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    Options
    [/quote

Ouch!! I broke my little toe last year took a month to get a shoe on... Rest nd keep it up...I'm resting tomorrow and Monday for I'm celebrating my Birthday Monday :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
    Thanks, Dr's office said I have to wear a shoe because they don't want me to have a lot of flexibility while it heals, my neighbor loaned me a shoe her Dr gave her to wear when she broke her big toe, its a soft canvas and velcro top with a solid rubber sole, so I'm hoping that will help now that I have that (plus we're getting the ceiling repaired in the lab I work in so we stopped accepting samples as of yesterday, so I don't need sneakers on at work for at least 1-2 months).
    Happy Birthday early!!!:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I am like you women are fabulous! People who live in reality...it took me a long time to get there but yay I am here! I still struggle some days but yay! I am going to keep it up!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    Options
    I am like you women are fabulous! People who live in reality...it took me a long time to get there but yay I am here! I still struggle some days but yay! I am going to keep it up!
    I think we all struggle more than we're willing to admit. I had to learn to admit that this is tough, on top of watching what I'm eating and how much, whether I can drag myself out to exercise or not, I had to relearn how to eat after I was diagnosed with food allergies, and after 30+ years of being able to eat things, it's hard to learn a new type of food (I have a wheat allergy so I have to eat gluten free now and get others to understand, that I really have to be careful and just because it isn't "wheat" doesn't mean that it doesn't have wheat in it.) I've done "diets" that I'm supposed to have my eating patterns changed by the time I'm done so I don't have to worry about it (doesn't work, as soon as I didn't have the accountability I need to keep me on a plan, I revert back to my old habits, doesn't matter how long I was on the plan.)

I honestly don't know how people do it, they don't give in, I don't have the strength to stop eating "treats" or over eating when I'm emotional, it doesn't work for me. I give in, then I give up, then I get back on track and pray it lasts longer this time.

So far this group has made me think more than I have, even though I've only been on here for two days. I hope that this group doesn't go the way of the other groups I joined do... just stopped. I think we all can do this if we have the support and accountability we need to keep us on track. I'm in if you guys are!