Wow. Confusing.

Options
SOOZIE429
SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
Good morning! I just bought the book last night and have been reading through it. It seems a bit confusing to me. I've done pretty much every diet out there and I know that carb cycling works. I guess I just need to wrap my brain around this and plan ahead. Not easy when I'm used to grabbing a Lean Cuisine for lunch. I expect to be on here a lot!

Replies

• phoebeleb
    phoebeleb Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I agree, Soozie! I was telling my friend yesterday who lives in another state-and was depending on me to help her out for a few days- that I was confused also! (her book doesn't arrive til next week)..I have a zillion diet books and have done almost every diet out there, so I'm certainly no stranger to this! so last nite I re-read the foods section. I feel a little better about it...I think that I will try to keep my meals as simple as possible as I start this and go from there. That one list on page 80-83 helped quite a bit. Why don't we friend each other and watch the posts in our group and get some tips from them. There's quite a few of us now who watched the Dr. Oz show last Tuesday and are starting the diet this week! LOL Good luck!
  • SOOZIE429
    Options
    Thank you! I plan on reading a bunch of the chapters again later today. I have it on Kindle. I don't see where I can get it as a book! Amazon seems to only have the Kindle version. Any ideas?? I'm looking forward to chatting with you more. Off to get a massage.......
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I just started today! I have the book on my NOOK. I am very excited to see how it all works!
  • SOOZIE429
    Options
    I just purchased it from Amazon in Hardcover. But it looks like I won't get it until Thanksgiving week. UGH!
  • morales08
    Options
    I agree. I am excited to get started, however, I am wondering if anyone has seen a "number" for grams of carbs/proteins on each day. I feel like I NEED a number?!?!
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I've seen the book at cost-co lately, so if you have a membership there or at sam's you might be lucky. Also check online at barnes & noble if you have a local store. For books they carry in house you can easily see if they have a copy in stock and reserve it to purchase at the store right away. Having the paper copy of this one is hand, I have to admit.

Also, check out a few posts down on the discussion list where I added the link to the "smart foods guide." Print one off for your fridge and it will help with reminding you what portions are acceptable for which food group.

The one think I actually decided I liked about this meal plan is that I'm eating more "real" foods than processed foods since I've separated carbs from fats during the week. This week coming up is a "sling-shot" week for me, so by the end I'm going to be begging for cheese I'm sure. But it'll be worth it. :smile:

Good Luck!
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I agree. I am excited to get started, however, I am wondering if anyone has seen a "number" for grams of carbs/proteins on each day. I feel like I NEED a number?!?!

Check out my blog for help here (last paragraph under "make the plan": http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/babeinthemoon/view/so-you-want-to-start-choose-to-lose-441366

I based my protein intake on an average of about 20-25g per meal. I pulled that from pg 73 where Chris says "A protein powder with approximately 15-20g of protein per serving is best."

My carb count for low carb days I figured out after seing that I would routinely eat under 100g of carbs when I followed the fist size plan, and then I simply doubled it for my guide on high carb days.

My fat count I figured out similarly to the carb grams.