SOS: Shout out Sundays

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Ok, what issue, triumph, food, fitness drama or pleasures you want to discuss today?? What went right and what went wrong?

Peace,
Wonder Woman!

Replies

• maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Food choices not terrific between the hurricane and Halloween, but I did get a pair of boots that fit over my calves!
  • Mamacass13
    Mamacass13 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    What went right? I did NOT eat any Halloween candy yesterday. What went wrong was I let my husband buy ice cream at the store and THEN I let him make my bowl! Whooops, I knew I would get more in my bowl that way.....
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Loooooool!!!!!!!!!! Mama you crack me up! We used to tease my dad when I was a teen that he should have been an ice cream man! His scoops were monstrous and without even trying!
    Maureen now you know the first time I put boots on I wanted to dance & jump all around the store like a jack-rabbit! Boing Boing!

For me this week....I was so happy I didn't eat the cake at a bridal shower we had at work for a coworker. It was a small one so just cake, sweets, punch and I brought hummus and veggie platter. They were pushing the cake on me and I was like "noooooooooooo" in my head so avoided them like the plague!

Also, this week I finished the Unprocessed foods challenge and I actually want to keep it up in my life! I am amazed how with this being my 6th year of health I still learn new things of how I can improve my diet! I realized ya'll......I CAN LIVE W/O POTATO CHIPS!!!!!!!!!!! GASP!!!!!!!! I didn't think it was possible. No diet soda...now I ain't gone lie to ya'll...you would see thru me anyway...it was haaaaaaaaard some days! OMG! I am a crunch person too! But I don't know why this eating style worked and others don't but that is why I say: EVERY DIET IS NOT FOR EVERYONE You got to follow what you are willing to do for longevity and of course healthy for you too. I am going to try and keep this way of eating up! Sorry so long.
  • maureendonahue
    Options
    I'm glad it worked for you!! You are right, not everything is for everyone. But sharing ideas and successes may help someone else. I'm not willing to give up Diet Pepsi (and not sure I ever will be!), but I can make other changes, including using less processed foods and eating cleaner.

This is something I need to be able to sustain for the rest of my life. And each person needs to figure out what that means to them.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Trying to convince myself that it's okay to cook in my clean kitchen (it's a super cleaning day, not a regular cleaning day.) Bought an extra package of fresh brussel sprouts because I found a great recipe, but am planning that for tomorrow. If I can convince myself, it will be chicken tacos tonight, if not, I don't know what it will be...
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Today I made a ground beef pot pie. My husband loved it. He said to put it in the Daves Faves cookbook in the top ten. Now if I could only repeat it. I made it up. LOL

I also have a butternut squash soup in slow cooker. He probably will not like that but at least he liked the pot pie.

Struggling today. I want to bury my head in the sand like an ostrich. I made an A _ _ out of myself at church. I hate it when I get emotional and over think things. Now it is taking what little strength I have left to not just stuff my face. This too will pass. I know this but at this moment I am a wreck. Oh do not worry I am like Michigan weather give it a few minutes and the storm will be over and the sun shining bright.
  • getme99
    getme99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats Maureen!!! I waited so long to be able to buy boots because of that. Enjoy them!
  • maureendonahue
    Options
    Congrats Maureen!!! I waited so long to be able to buy boots because of that. Enjoy them!

Thank you!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Struggling today.

Ms Lisa Lisa...we all do things...but thank goodness there is forgiveness! God knows your heart too and he can remold and change to be more like him! A blessed hope! Big Hug!

Now you get a High 5 for just making up a beef pie and the hubby approved too! Wooo Weee! YOU got to remember girl! LOL!!! I want to make a squash soup too! No energy tonight though.
  • Drea_ann
    Drea_ann Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Today I made a ground beef pot pie. My husband loved it. He said to put it in the Daves Faves cookbook in the top ten. Now if I could only repeat it. I made it up. LOL

I also have a butternut squash soup in slow cooker. He probably will not like that but at least he liked the pot pie.

Struggling today. I want to bury my head in the sand like an ostrich. I made an A _ _ out of myself at church. I hate it when I get emotional and over think things. Now it is taking what little strength I have left to not just stuff my face. This too will pass. I know this but at this moment I am a wreck. Oh do not worry I am like Michigan weather give it a few minutes and the storm will be over and the sun shining bright.

Beef pot pie sounds extra yummy! Recipe?
  • Drea_ann
    Drea_ann Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Has anyone over done it? LIke yesterday i got up early did a spin class at 6 am, didn't eat. Went to women's expo, didn't eat, had my first coffee in months and way more caffienne than I have had in a month. and then we decided to go rock climbing. I did have an egg, some nuts, and half a pb sandwich and a butt load of water. Needless to say, I didn't feel good last night. Felt nasaus, dehydrated, like I was going to keal over, pass out, throw up. All of the above.

Anybody have suggestions on how to recover faster? I tried crackers, juice, and then finally I had french fries and a chicken sandwich and once that digested I was okay. But I really thought I was going to lose the little I did eat or collapse (in the middle of target, which would have been AWFUL!)
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Food choices not terrific between the hurricane and Halloween, but I did get a pair of boots that fit over my calves!

I am so looking forward to the day that I can wear boots! Great NSV. :)
  • anorangie
    Options
    ...Struggling today. I want to bury my head in the sand like an ostrich. I made an A _ _ out of myself at church. I hate it when I get emotional and over think things. Now it is taking what little strength I have left to not just stuff my face. This too will pass. I know this but at this moment I am a wreck. Oh do not worry I am like Michigan weather give it a few minutes and the storm will be over and the sun shining bright.

It's great that you are taking the time to be aware of how you are feeling, why you are feeling that way, and then deciding _not_ to turn to food. Sitting with those unpleasant/unsettling emotions is difficult sometimes, so I applaud your success! :)
  • anorangie
    Options
    I hear people all the time talk about their weight-loss experience in terms of a lifestyle change, not a diet. And in my head, I'm like, "Yeah, yeah; I get it. It's a lifestyle change for me, too!"

But I realized this weekend I _didn't_ get it.

I realized that I have been thinking my weight-loss experience will end whenever I reach my goal weight--that once I lose 55 more pounds, I'll be done, and I can go back to...I don't know, normal? But my "normal" was what put me at almost 100 lb overweight!

So, now my thinking is shifting more towards the long term; hopefully, this shift will help me think in terms of the kinds of choices I need to make not only to lose weight but to maintain that weight loss for the rest of my life, too.

(One of my MFP friends posted a CNN link that referenced the "stability skills" needed to maintain weight loss. Although not especially detailed, the article is what prompted me to realize my quest for better health will not end--perhaps it will change over time, like moving from weight loss to weight maintenance--but it ideally will not end. Here's the link for the curious: http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/30/know-how-to-keep-weight-off-before-you-lose-it/?hpt=hp_t3)
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Struggling today.

Ms Lisa Lisa...we all do things...but thank goodness there is forgiveness! God knows your heart too and he can remold and change to be more like him! A blessed hope! Big Hug!

Now you get a High 5 for just making up a beef pie and the hubby approved too! Wooo Weee! YOU got to remember girl! LOL!!! I want to make a squash soup too! No energy tonight though.

Thank you Garlic. You are correct!