Weeeeekend recap!

Options
124»

Replies

• Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I wasn't expecting food based on the emails so I was ok with that. He did tell me that he's never really dated much. Most of his relationships have started after being friends with the girl for a while so it may be shyness but it will drive me crazy trying to figure out what's going on in his mind. If he's interested then he'll message me and if not, then it's his loss.

Okay.. so you weren't expecting food.. fair enough. Here's the question though. What do YOU want? Do you see yourself, or want to see yourself with a quiet, shy, potentially unexperienced or unromantic man? Are you content to lead and or initiate the following steps in a relationship? If you can deal with that...see how it goes. If you are already feeling confused and let down, pass. There is better out there. Really.
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I think we are twins. lol. I can totally be convinced. ha! Always could be. I just like it.

tsk! No wonder guys get the wrong impression!! Stop it you two!!! :laugh:

But we're so much fun!!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    On a side note .. does anyone else have this crazy black lady on the side of your screen pulling her head off? It is freaking me out.

What... the *kitten*???
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support and advice. He's not really quiet or shy per se. We did have 2 very long and very intellectual conversations. I'm ok with reserved in the beginning because I'm not really in a rush to get physical anyway. I really like him and enjoy his company so that's why I'm conflicted. Right now, I'm just going to leave it on him to pursue me. If he doesn't, then I'll have my answer. In the meantime, I'll keep getting out there.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support and advice. He's not really quiet or shy per se. We did have 2 very long and very intellectual conversations. I'm ok with reserved in the beginning because I'm not really in a rush to get physical anyway. I really like him and enjoy his company so that's why I'm conflicted. Right now, I'm just going to leave it on him to pursue me. If he doesn't, then I'll have my answer. In the meantime, I'll keep getting out there.

But what if he is thinking the same thing about you? D8
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options

I think that's the best way to handle it. If he's interested, he'll certainly contact you. It's in the man's nature to be the chaser to a certain extent.

I like how you aren't putting all your eggs in one basket and will continue to get out there. That's a great attitude to have.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support and advice. He's not really quiet or shy per se. We did have 2 very long and very intellectual conversations. I'm ok with reserved in the beginning because I'm not really in a rush to get physical anyway . I really like him and enjoy his company so that's why I'm conflicted. Right now, I'm just going to leave it on him to pursue me. If he doesn't, then I'll have my answer. In the meantime, I'll keep getting out there.

Your body language and attitude probably gave that off then. It's kind of unfair to be critical because the guy didn't show more physical interest when you're not really in a rush to get physical anyway.
  • cinsuccess
    Options
    Thanks for all the support and advice. He's not really quiet or shy per se. We did have 2 very long and very intellectual conversations. I'm ok with reserved in the beginning because I'm not really in a rush to get physical anyway . I really like him and enjoy his company so that's why I'm conflicted. Right now, I'm just going to leave it on him to pursue me. If he doesn't, then I'll have my answer. In the meantime, I'll keep getting out there.

Your body language and attitude probably gave that off then. It's kind of unfair to be critical because the guy didn't show more physical interest when you're not really in a rush to get physical anyway.

I meant that I'm not in a rush to have sex. While we were at the bar, I touched his leg a couple of time and I put my arm in his while we were walking to coffee. I wanted to make sure he knew I was interested. He didn't reciprocate at all until the goodnight kiss.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    After she went to bed, my new "friend" came over to watch a movie. Unfortunately, he mistook my invitation as a sexual invite

Everytime a women has invited me over to watch a movie it's been a sexual invite.

Unless it was clearly (and I mean clearly) defined as a platonic friendship, I don't know how he couldn't take it as a sexual invite.

Most guys interpret an invitation over as a sexual invite, because it usually is.
  • DMZ_1
    Options
    I had my second date on Saturday night (some of you know about the drinks dilemma from my post on Friday). I decided to go with it and just have fun but I'm totally confused now. We had another great conversation - 4 hours over drinks and coffee. There was no groping or even touching. He kept his hands on his drink the whole time we were in the bar, then wehn we were walking to coffee he had his hands jammed in his pockets. It was very weird because he had been very flirty by email telling me how he had held back on the first date and suggesting that we shouldn't hold back on the second. At the end of the date, he did kiss me goodnight but then just said "I'll be in touch" and nothing since.

Where was the kiss? Lips? Cheek?

No touching prior to a kiss is not normal. I set up all my kisses with light touching first. I also look for her to touch me. And you said in another post you touched his leg. I only go in for a kiss (and I always go for a kiss on the lips) when it is absolutely clear she's receptive because if you go in for the kiss, and she turns away, there's no recovering from that. But I do sense social awkwardness on his part, which shouldn't happen post 40.
  • cinsuccess
    Options
    But what if he is thinking the same thing about you? D8

I know he's still actively searching on okc. I kind of expect that since we've only been on 2 dates. Ultimately, as so many in this group have pointed out ... if a guy is interested then he will pursue. I have to wait and see if he does but I'm not going to sit at home in the meantime.
  • cinsuccess
    Options

No touching prior to a kiss is not normal. I set up all my kisses with light touching first. I also look for her to touch me. And you said in another post you touched his leg. I only go in for a kiss (and I always go for a kiss on the lips) when it is absolutely clear she's receptive because if you go in for the kiss, and she turns away, there's no recovering from that. But I do sense social awkwardness on his part, which shouldn't happen post 40.

The kiss was on the lips with tongue. It was a full on kiss. He has repeated many times that he hasn't dated much so that may account for his social awkwardness at 37. There was some flirting during the 4 hour conversation but he never attempted to touch me after an initial hug hello. It was very strange... hence my confusion.
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options

Totally the right thing to do, in my opinion!
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options

I agree with this, too. Good luck!! :)
  • DMZ_1
    Options

The kiss was on the lips with tongue. It was a full on kiss. He has repeated many times that he hasn't dated much so that may account for his social awkwardness at 37. There was some flirting during the 4 hour conversation but he never attempted to touch me after an initial hug hello. It was very strange... hence my confusion.

When there is a kiss on the lips with tongue, there's interest. He probably thinks it was a good first date. I'd expect to hear from him again.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I had a minor self pity party, and watched P.S. I Love You, cried my eyes out and then pulled myself out of the dating scene altogether. I can not give someone my 100% if I am not 100% there myself. So I have rededicated to myself, and will just focus on me and do what I need to do to get my head on straight.