Wreck It Ralph

Options
Anyone go see this movie? I loved it! Plenty of gamer jokes and also some jokes that my non-gamer mom found funny!

Replies

• escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I think it looks awesome!
  • gmad87
    gmad87 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The movie exceeded my expectations. Very enjoyable.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    The movie exceeded my expectations. Very enjoyable.

Mine too. It wowed me. I thought I'd like it - and that it would be pretty good. but it was REALLY good.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    This movie was a hit. I really really liked it.

That said.. I have some thoughts that do not spoil the movie.

You know how many kids movies now-a-days throw in jokes or themes for adults to watch to. Things that would fly over the kid's heads? Well I felt like Wreck-It-Ralph did NOT do such a good job at it. Reason being is the only thing that was for the older audiences there were the gaming cameos. The writing of the movie was very kid friendly (not a bad thing) but there was no substance for the adults to pull from, except seeing their childhood games on the big screen.

You can't go to the see this movie expecting to see Ralph jumping from game to game on this crazy adventure, the movie is not about that. Don't expect that because you will be kinda let down.

The character voices went AMAZINGLY with the characters themselves. They could not have chosen a better cast, seriously. The score was another amazing thing.

The story is a traditional Disney movie, so midway through the story you're going to have a really dramatic turn of events that is actually slightly heartbreaking. But makes up for it in the end with a great heartfelt ending.

Conclusion: 10/10 family movie. A really really great story that touches the heart of the most solid and manly gamer. (Honestly, I'm not gonna joke, I teared up a bit).

Very very kid friendly but it has a heartfelt story so swallow your man card for 1 hour and 30 minutes and just do it for a sec.

Also, "Paperman" was an awesome computer animated/traditional animated short that Pixar and Disney Animation Studios have been working on for close to a year now. Its a great great watch.

Every person that watches this movie, GAMER OR NOT, will love this movie and the short in the beginning.

Definitely going to buy it when it comes out.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    good review cape!

I think also its worth mentioning that this movie would not be good for very young kids - its dialogue heavy and there are scary bugs. I'd think 6-7 at the youngest, depending on your kids.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    good review cape!

I think also its worth mentioning that this movie would not be good for very young kids - its dialogue heavy and there are scary bugs. I'd think 6-7 at the youngest, depending on your kids.

Well.. that depends on the child's fear threshold. There was a 5(?) year old in front of us who was like "WOAH!" when the bug scene was going on. It is very very loud though. So if your child doesn't respond well to fast and loud, they may not like the scene. The kid was covering his eyes on the _final boss_ though. That was legit creepy.
  • Antonia2501
    Antonia2501 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I loved this movie. I thought it was super cute and it made me laugh at the fact over 70% of the audience was adults. I recommend you go see it :)
  • Exill
    Exill Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Loved it. Especially the Street Fighter II characters chatting haha.
    Also, Jane Lynch is awesome:

A6jm1dKCQAARZ5D-412x550.jpg
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I liked it. I agree with Cape`s review.
  • Wezlfuss
    Wezlfuss Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Loved it. Teared up towards the end. It's funnier once you know who the voice actors are.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Will see it this Saturday at 10AM with a bunch of grown ups and kids. Cape....I look forward to seeing my wife cry if it made a grown, manly adult tear up.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    Will see it this Saturday at 10AM with a bunch of grown ups and kids. Cape....I look forward to seeing my wife cry if it made a grown, manly adult tear up.

If she has a soft spot for very emotional/dramatic disney movies, then she will BAWL.
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to see this!!!!!

My kiddos are too young to see this, but I think we are going to take my brothers kids to go see it. :)
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Loved it. Especially the Street Fighter II characters chatting haha.
    Also, Jane Lynch is awesome:

A6jm1dKCQAARZ5D-412x550.jpg

She won't be able to aim properly if she is hold it from the magazine clip. She might even lose the clip depending on the recoil. :bigsmile: