BURPEES!!!!

Options
LOVE/HATE them!

Currently doing 30+/day. Started with 30 on the 1st and every day I add another one. This morning I did 34! Tomorrow I will do 35. My goal is to do them all at one time with only taking a short break in between, not spreading them out throughout the day.

Before the end of the week I will have a pull up bar and a jump box so for December I plan on doing either Burpee Pull-Ups or Burpee Box Jumps every day but probably not doing as many.... I am still trying to figure out that number.

These are exercises that I HATE but I want to be stronger! Before the end of the month the goal is to not cringe so much when I see Burpees in the WOD!

Replies

• jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    you're awesome :) my goal is to someday do 1 burpee. I can't up from the floor or jump yet (back injury) but I'm getting closer. Whenever burpees are in the wod I sub medicine ball deadlifts or some combo of ring rows and push press.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Burpee pull ups = my nemesis!

Wicked that you are owning them.
  • PicklePlum
    PicklePlum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!

I like burpees! :embarassed: That is...once Iearned how to avoid bruises.

We have a sled in our box and wods occasionally require us to pull and/or pull them...I'm telling you, burpees are not as bad compared to that sled.
  • blinkinglight
    Options
    Love it!!
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Try do burpees with high jumps for 20 minutes straight! I did it with 190 burpees. I could have done more but I was little out of shape.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Try do burpees with high jumps for 20 minutes straight! I did it with 190 burpees. I could have done more but I was little out of shape.

I might die!!!! LOL
    But my Burpees do include the jump...
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Options

I might die!!!! LOL
    But my Burpees do include the jump...

High jump: It means you'll have to jump and try to reach a ceiling above of your head. It's more exhausting than a regular burpee's jump.
  • christy_frank
    Options
    Gotcha. I was going to put a point of reference above my head to tap every time but have not yet. I might not at this point since I will be working to Burpee Pull Ups which will be jumping up to a high point anyways.
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Today i started my burpees at 50 every morning! then run! then bleachers and alot more haha!
  • mpatewachter
    mpatewachter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    today we did the workout that i found from Jason Khalipa on Youtube......100 hang clean + push press for time but 5 burpees every minute on the minute. Talk about hating burpees........
  • msb803
    msb803 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    We have box jump burpees in the WOD today. When I started Crossfit last spring, I couldn't do a box jump or a burpee. (I had just finished PT for a fractured kneecap and some other issues). I still dread the burpee, but I've come a long way. I can do them without it killing my knees anymore!

I have a long way to go still...
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    Hate, hate, hate burpees! I'm slowly getting better at them, but they are still evil! During the WOD yesterday, I probably did around 60 burpees... and I threw up in my mouth a little. : )
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    my gym makes us do strict burpees only. makes floppy traditional "crossfit burpees" when i drop in other affiliates seem easy!
  • christy_frank
    Options
    my gym makes us do strict burpees only. makes floppy traditional "crossfit burpees" when i drop in other affiliates seem easy!

I prefer strict Burpees. I don't like to do the 'floppy' ones.
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    did 110 yesterday...owwwww
  • kkenny0146
    kkenny0146 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My Burpees are rather sloppy, and just plan bad. I can't get my feet back in yet, so I have to get up by getting on my knees, which slows the process down a whole lot. I currently have some mad burpee bruises on my knees. I only hate them because I am bad at them. One day I am going to own them.
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    goooooooo burpees.................hahaha

we started burpee challenge - 5mins or 50 burpees after every WOD starting yesterday. today i had 40 - as much as i hate them im looking forward to tracking these and seeing improvement - it's for 100 days. :)

good luck and go go burpee power :)