Awaken Your Soul...

AmberJo1984
AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~ Anatole France

Replies

• so very true!! : )
  • AnotherAustinGirl
    AnotherAustinGirl Posts: 62 Member
    I've collected a lot of dog and cat quotes. Here's a bunch of dog ones. Sorry some of them are uncredited.

Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful. - Ann Landers

My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to 99 cents a can. That's almost $7.00 in dog money. - Joe Weinstein

If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket then giving Fido only two of them. - Phil Pastoret

I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven't got the guts to bite people themselves. - August Strindberg

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself. - Josh Billings

I finally maneged to teach my dog to beg. Last night he came home with $15.00

Ever consider what they must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul - chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth! - Anne Tyler

No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does. - Christopher Morley

Outside of a dog, a book is probably man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man. - Mark Twain

It may be called puppy love, but it's real to the puppy.

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult. - Rita Rudner

Dogs feel very strongly that they should always go with you in the car, in case the need should arise for them to bark violently at nothing right in your ear. - Dave Barry

I hope to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am

Of all the things I miss from veterinary practice, puppy breath is one of the most fond memories! - Dr. T.C.

Unless you are the lead sled dog, the view never changes.

When a man's best friend is his dog, that dog has a problem. - Edward Abbey

Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot about puppies. - Gene Hill

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. - Ben Williams

I spilled spot remover on my dog. He's gone now.

Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you? But put him in a car and the first thing he does is stick his head out the window.

We wonder why the dogs always drink out of our toilets, but look at it from their point of view: why do humans keep peeing into their water bowls?
  • AnotherAustinGirl
    And here are the cat ones...

An aquarium is just interactive television for cats.

Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a good many ailments, but I never heard of one who suffered from insomnia. - Joseph Wood Krutch

There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats.

Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well. - Missy Dizick

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through snow. - Jeff Valdez

Cats seem to go on the principle that it never does any harm to ask for what you want. - Joseph Wood Krutch

There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats. - English proverb

Anything on the ground is a cat toy. Anything not there yet, will be.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. - Robert A. Heinlein

ANY question addresed to a cat can be counted rhetorical." - E. Miller

Cats instinctively know the exact moment their owners will wake up. Then they wake them 10 minutes sooner.

Time spent with cats is never wasted. - Colette

One cat just leads to another. - Ernest Hemingway

Cats aren't clean, they're just covered with cat spit. - John S. Nichols

I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior. - Hippolyte Taine

Curiosity is the very basis of education and if you tell me that curiosity killed the cat, I say only the cat died nobly. - Arnold Edinborough

Cats know what we feel. They don't care, but they know.

Cat rule #2: Bite the hand that won't feed you fast enough.

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a cat.

In order to keep a true perspective of one's importance, everyone should have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore him. - Dereke Bruce

Buy a dog a toy and it will play with it forever. Buy a cat a present and it will play with the wrapper for 10 minutes.
  • AnotherAustinGirl
    The cat in my picture is my cat Skwirl. She loves to lounge on the rabbit rocker as she is doing in the picture.
  • such a cute cat! love the pic!
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Ha ha! Both cat and dog quotes amazingly true! Gotta love em
  • AnotherAustinGirl
    My cat Skwirl and her sister 'Ween were raised from three days old. There mother was run over and killed but fortunately a guy I worked with found them under a bush. Bottle raising cats really endears you to them like nothing else.

I have a couple of other cats and one of them, Jill, was up in a tree for six days!!! She's done this before when loose dogs come around and chase her. It happens once a year. If someone tells you a cat will come down, don't believe them. I wish she knew she didn't have to go thirty feet up a tree. My neigborhood is old so the trees are really tall and the lowest branches are 25-30 feet up. I have hired arborists to climb up and get her down three times now. They won't do it unless a cat has been up at least three days.

I sprayed her with the hose everyday, at first to try to get her to come down and then to just give her some water to lick off herself. When the tree guy got to her, she was scared and went higher and higher until she was about sixty feet up. He kept after her and when he got her she struggled a lot and there was no way he could climb down one handed with her. They were right over a very tall and dense pomegranate bush I have so I told him to just drop her. The bush broke her fall a lot. She landed on all fours on the ground and very lightly because of the bush. In about five minutes, she was at the food bowl ready to eat!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    IMG_0246.jpg

"Never try to outstubborn a cat." - Robert A. Heinlein