New Tricks!

Options
I've noticed that this groups hasn't had a whole lot of activity, so I thought I would post something new. :) Lets talk about our recent goals and accomplishments in the hoop!

I have been trying to learn chest and knee hooping and had a break though with knee hooping the other day. I was trying over and over to get more than two revolutions around my knees and then a phone call came and while I was on the phone I let the hoop drop to my knees and I did it!!! I had the hoop go around my knees about 20 times!!!

Replies

• oakfruit
    oakfruit Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I found a tutorial for a backspin into one-leg hooping the other day and tried it twice before deciding it was impossible... then after a dozen or so pessimistic tries today I made it happen! It's not solid by any means but it's been a long time since I took time to learn a brand new type of move.
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I spent this past weekend at the Florida Flow Fest and came home with so many new moves to work on! My favorite workshop was taught by Rico (check him out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GpXaF4FMpA) who was teaching innovative techniques for vertical shoulder hooping.

Once or twice during his workshop I was able to do a move that was vertical shoulder hooping (hoop spinning on right shoulder only, with right arm sticking out through the hoop -- not the vertical shoulder hooping where you're leaning forward and the hoop goes around both shoulders)... let me start again! It was vertical shoulder hooping on the right shoulder, turn the body 90 degrees while ducking the head and other arm in and go into standard vertical chest hooping, then turn the body another 90 degrees and duck the head out so the hoop is now spinning vertically on the other shoulder. SO COOL (when it works!)
  • oakfruit
    oakfruit Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I spent this past weekend at the Florida Flow Fest and came home with so many new moves to work on! My favorite workshop was taught by Rico (check him out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GpXaF4FMpA) who was teaching innovative techniques for vertical shoulder hooping.

so cool! i love how controlled he is - when i'm doing vertical chest (boring style) it's always really fast and i have to do a lot of reversals to keep the hoop from getting wonky or going too fast.