Snotsucker?

Options
blink1021
blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
So I was on facebook and 2 friends of mine were talking back and forth about how terrific this snotsucker is so being curious I googled it and almost threw up. I know as a mom nothing should gross me out and yes I am sure it works just the way it says it does, but I don't know. If anyone has used this I would love to hear reviews.

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jspproductId=537416&cm_ven=none&cm_cat=none&cm_pla=none&orderType=none&utm_source=none&utm_medium=none&utm_campaign=none

Replies

• ajsdream
    ajsdream Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Is that the Nosefrieda snotsucker? I couldn't get your link to work. I just bought one this weekend. If you're curious, read the reviews on Amazon! It's what sucked me in!
  • snowgrrl83
    snowgrrl83 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I would never use one on my kid - EVER!
    Why? Because I remember my mother using it on me. It was the most awful thing in the world. I'm totally traumatized by it. My mom would use it on a regular basis on me because I was born with my nose being partially blocked by excess cartillage that had formed in my nasal cavity....which made my nose runnier and snottier than most kids.
    It was seriously AWFUL - worst than mom washing my face, or brushing my overly-knotted hair that was stuck in glue. Seriously, it hurts and feels like your brains will be sucked out.

But feel free to use it....lol... I won't judge. I just don't want to put my little one under that trauma... he can stay snotty or I'll use kleenex.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    The link doesn't work :frown:

But if it's the Nosefrida snotsucker, then yes, I bought it, but no, I never used it. (My son is 21 months old.) I just never really had the opportunity. When he was little little, I kept the sucker bulb thingie from the hospital (which I was told to keep because even the ones you can buy are supposedly nowhere near as good), but I maybe used that once or twice. He was just not a very boogery baby. Then as he got a bit bigger, I could use a tissue. Now that he's in preschool and more or less has a constant runny nose, I just use tissues. It's what they use at his school, too. He's used to it and doesn't mind having his nose wiped.

Would I use it with this baby? Yes, if s/he were particularly boogery, and the bulb wasn't working. If I never end up using it, I'll just sell it on Craigslist (as an unopened item) for half of what they sell it for on Amazon.
  • keyalus
    keyalus Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Never used the fancy one (grosses me out too) but I must agree with the PP that the big brown one I got from the hospital is AWESOME!