Question about muscle soreness

Options
_SusieQ_
_SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
This may sound dumb, but you can't know until you ask. The first week of doing SL my legs were so sore I practically needed assistance getting out of my chair. Now on my third week I rarely have any muscle soreness. I mean, I can tell I did something when stretch, but that's about it. So I guess my question is, is that good, meaning I'm just getting better/stronger at it? Or is it not good b/c I'm not pushing it hard enough?

I guess I expected to feel it a little more than I am, especially since I do keep upping the weight.

Replies

• thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    You will not always get DOMS. Treasure the fact that the more you train, the less you will have to fall into chairs just to be able to sit down. You may still get a random case of DOMS every now and then, but you can be working your *kitten* off and not feel a thing the next day. I very, very rarely get DOMS, so when I do I whine like a ***** about it, lol.

You don't need the pain to know it's working. Just keep telling yourself: it's working. Every time you progress weight -- ta-da! It's working!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    ^^ what she said...also, adequate protein helps, too. I was rarely sore when I was lifting. Sometimes mild but almost never painfully sore.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I never get DOMS anymore from lifting, but I know I'm still making progress because those weights keep climbing. Also, I find that not only protein, but if I beef up on the spinach and sweet potatoes (potassium) on lifting days I don't get the DOMerS quite so much.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I only get muscle soreness the first few workouts and then it goes away. The only time I get sore is if I do something new (like pull ups which I don't normally do) or I take a break from working out ... I'll be sore when I return.
  • dany_m
    dany_m Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The only time I get sore is if I do something new (like pull ups which I don't normally do) or I take a break from working out ... I'll be sore when I return.

This :smile: