I will have 2 sunshines w/ toast and jelly....11/7

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Hey! Let's talk about eggs! Sigh....scrambled, poached, fried,or a hard-boiled the egg is a magnificent way to get your protein and a little fat to hold you over till your next meal. Or it can be the main part of your meal!!! Frittatas, omeletes, quiches and even soup...mmm egg drop soup!
So how will you incorporate eggs in your day?!?!

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/collections/healthy_egg_recipes
http://www.vegansociety.com/lifestyle/food/recipes/egg-free.aspx

Now if a vegetarian or vegan that do not eat eggs...what ways do you like to get a quick snack of protein or eat similar dishes? Share with all! We love different ways of eating.

Peace,
WW

Replies

• lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I think a frittata with broccoli and cheese for dinner tonight. Thank you for the dinner idea because I really hate trying to figure it out.
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I had bacon, egg and cheese tacos for breakfast......... nom nom nom :-)
  • eatinghappy
    eatinghappy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Eggs are wonderful! I love eating them this time of the year for breakfast with toast. Usually I make a 3 egg-white omelette with a pinch of lowfat cheese, toast and a banana. I also make a batch of hardboiled eggs every week for quick snacks. As hard boiled goes, for snacks I like a BLT salad. Any type of green lettuce or spinach, 1 hard boiled egg, 1 T real bacon bits + Ken's Light Italian with Basil - Yummy!!. We have to keep our attitude sunny-side-up, right? :)
  • babymama81
    babymama81 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I sometimes eat eggs for breakfast. Usually egg beaters scrambled up with some soy chorizo. Lots of protien and flavor, not a lot of calories. Good idea about having them for dinner, because lately I've only had enough time to blend up my produce smoothie for breakfast.
  • barbi1281
    Options
    Too funny I had egg salad made with 1 egg, light miracle whip, mustard, and celery seed before I even saw this post for lunch today! I met the challenge without even knowing it :laugh:
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Eggs are wonderful! I love eating them this time of the year for breakfast with toast. Usually I make a 3 egg-white omelette with a pinch of lowfat cheese, toast and a banana. I also make a batch of hardboiled eggs every week for quick snacks. As hard boiled goes, for snacks I like a BLT salad. Any type of green lettuce or spinach, 1 hard boiled egg, 1 T real bacon bits + Ken's Light Italian with Basil - Yummy!!. We have to keep our attitude sunny-side-up, right? :)

Can you fix my lunch??? YOU made my mouth water! YUM!!!!!!!
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Note: egg beaters are not vegan. They're egg whites. For a vegan substitute try seasoned tofu.

Tofu is near flavorless by itself, but will take on and enhance any flavors you add to it. Just remember that when you cringe at the at the square white slab. It can be quite tasty if you know what you're doing. Don't just throw it plain in a salad.

For eggs, I've said it before, the best scrambled eggs are two whites, one yolk.
  • lavendergirll
    lavendergirll Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    eggs are on the menu for me for dinner tonight! Yum!
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    For a quick out-the-door-fast breakfast, open an egg into a cup, add some seasoning, stir, microwave for a minute, toast a bagel thin or an english muffin, 30 secs of microwaving my 4 canadian bacon, place 2 slices of bacon on the sandwhich, the egg, the other 2 slices of bacon, top with muffin/bagel thin and out the door I walk. It's 240 calories and lasts almost all the way to lunch. Hungry Girl has other egg cup recipes. http://www.hungry-girl.com/weighin/show/1876
  • kriskerans
    kriskerans Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    okay that did it, I'm having some kind of eggs for dinner tonight... :smile:
  • AnotherAustinGirl
    AnotherAustinGirl Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I love eggs. I get mine from people who know and love their chickens.
  • oconnecs
    oconnecs Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Had scrambled eggs with onions and peppers for lunch! Served with a wholewheat pitta and a carrot and poppyseed salad! Going to bed now, and craving some more!
  • lyndalpn
    lyndalpn Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I also always have hard boiled eggs in the fridge for a snack. Fills the hungry hole without putting up my blood sugar (im diabetic!)
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    okay that did it, I'm having some kind of eggs for dinner tonight... :smile:

okay, I had no idea I would set off a hungry culinary extravaganza!!!!!! LOL! I love all the posts. YOU GUYS crack me up! LOL!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Will make breakfast sandwiches in the mornings (having one this morning, in fact.) Since I don't usually eat before I go to work I will take 2 gluten free waffles, a "Good Food Made Simple" precooked egg white and a piece of lowfat cheese and I have breakfast at work!