Newcomer

Options
vim_n_vigor
vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
Hi ladies. I just found out I am pregnant. I totally wasn't expecting it. I am 36 and will be considered high risk. We didn't think I could get pregnant at all again.

Replies

• MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. I just found out I am pregnant. I totally wasn't expecting it. I am 36 and will be considered high risk. We didn't think I could get pregnant at all again.

Aww congrats!!!!!!!!! And good luck with your pregnancy!!!!! The women on this board are fabulous, just fyi ;-)
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Congrats and welcome, like Sarah said it's a great bunch of women here ;)
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options

Congratulations! Come on in, pull up a chair, we're nice people :smile:
  • vim_n_vigor
    Options
    Thank you ladies! I did the calculations this morning and I should be 11-17 weeks! Ack! We just gave away all of our baby stuff!
  • ajsdream
    ajsdream Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! What an exciting surprise! I am also in the "high risk" category because of my "advanced" maternal age...haha. I just laugh at that.
  • vim_n_vigor
    Options
    Congratulations!! What an exciting surprise! I am also in the "high risk" category because of my "advanced" maternal age...haha. I just laugh at that.

Yeah, I have advanced maternal age on my side too....Unfortunately, that isn't going to be the only thing that increases my risk.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies! I did the calculations this morning and I should be 11-17 weeks! Ack! We just gave away all of our baby stuff!

You know what, though? Most baby stuff has a "shelf life." Car seats actually have expiration dates on them (because they are mostly plastic, which tends to break down after years of sitting in a car in sunlight and extreme temperatures), and a lot of baby stuff ends up being updated/improved to make them safer/better. Honestly, consignment stores and Craigslist are the way to go to get baby gear inexpensively! The only things I would buy new are car seats, breast pumps, and bottles/cups (I just don't trust other people to clean them properly).
  • Mrshotwing
    Mrshotwing Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)