Nothing sounds/tastes good....

joyfulinga
joyfulinga Posts: 17 Member
I have been very diligent about my food choices for the past month and have lost some weight as a result. I eat a lot of chicken, fish, etc. but lately none of it sounds good or tastes good. The texture bothers me and I find I'm avoiding these foods or choking them down for the protein. I'm drinking my protein shakes to get in my protein and salads are fine. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I had RNY in June 2008 and have regained a bunch. I still have about 50 lbs. to go so I'm not exactly new to this.

Replies

• grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Some people say that things taste different after surgery. I don't think I have experienced that, but the textures of some things affect me differently now. Because I have to chew things much more, the texture of some foods really can get disgusting quick. Tuna fish is one thing I no longer like.

If regular chicken bothers you, try some sliced chicken from the deli. Although it has more sodium, even the lower sodium versions, the texture is different from chicken you cook yourself.