IN TEN DAYS..THE WORLD WILL CHANGE

Options
Mr_Cape219
Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
In just ten days, the next generation of gaming is coming out. Nintendo's newest console, the WiiU, is going to be hitting stores (then disappearing from them for about half a year or longer) and leading the next stage of graphics, gaming styles, and pure unfiltered amazing fun. Every editor or gaming icon that has played the WiiU has creamed their pants several times over, saying that not even the demo stations had prepared them for what was to come.

Recently found out that the WiiU is 3D compatible for both the game pad and the TV (details on how are still shrouded in mystery).

These last ten days are driving me crazy, so we need to get a thread going for it to just hype that last bit up to 11.

So.

Who pre-ordered it, and what kind did you get?

What things are you excited for?

Are you avoiding the un boxing videos? I know I am.

Replies

• escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I'm going to wait for a 3D mario or zelda game to come out before I buy it lol
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I REALLY want to get it ASAP but I think the man piece and I agreed to go half on it for Christmas. I played it in Nintendo World and I got itchy fingers sooooooooo I think I may just buy it early.

Ahh but maybe not.

UGH GOD THIS IS SO HARD!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_lzrrjuyQcZ1r8k00ro1_500.gif
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Eh. I have a PS3. That's all I need.
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options
    Had it pre-ordered with Mario, Skylanders, and Zombie U. Can't wait to pick it up! :)
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    I haven't been paying much attention to it. I have a wii and xbox 360, but I'm mor interested in my ps2 right now lol.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I got the Deluxe model with Mario, Zombie U and Assasins Creed 3. I played the demo yesterday. Wow! The Rayman demo is enough to make me excited, but I'm not a fan of Rayman. If you read IGN yesterday, Peter Molyenuex (or however you spell it) said it's going to suck because most people won't be able to concentrate on looking at two screens at once, and no one plays games and watches TV anymore, and touch pad technology for gaming is still iffy. What a turd. Especially after he mad his game for the iOS that makes you touch a screen for you to get to the games goal. I also watch football and play my 3DS (Liberation Maiden currently) and no problems. Some people just need to hate. Anyway, I will soon fade away from existance for a bit. Also, I bought 4 of em. eBay, here we come.
  • Klopford
    Klopford Posts: 129
    Options
    I want one but by the time I got around to preordering everyone had sold out of preorders! So I probably won't be able to find any until next year! :(
  • Ph4lanx
    Ph4lanx Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hate to say it, but this isn't the messiah Nintendo want it to be. I predict a bad outcome for Nintendo on this, if you ask me. They're already struggling recently.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    I got the Deluxe model with Mario, Zombie U and Assasins Creed 3. I played the demo yesterday. Wow! The Rayman demo is enough to make me excited, but I'm not a fan of Rayman. If you read IGN yesterday, Peter Molyenuex (or however you spell it) said it's going to suck because most people won't be able to concentrate on looking at two screens at once, and no one plays games and watches TV anymore, and touch pad technology for gaming is still iffy. What a turd. Especially after he mad his game for the iOS that makes you touch a screen for you to get to the games goal. I also watch football and play my 3DS (Liberation Maiden currently) and no problems. Some people just need to hate. Anyway, I will soon fade away from existance for a bit. Also, I bought 4 of em. eBay, here we come.

In order for it to grow, it has to be hated by some to create the skepticism.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I want one but by the time I got around to preordering everyone had sold out of preorders! So I probably won't be able to find any until next year! :(

Look for eBay items from Isaid78 :wink:
    Hate to say it, but this isn't the messiah Nintendo want it to be. I predict a bad outcome for Nintendo on this, if you ask me. They're already struggling recently.

That's what they said about the DS and Wii. I don't think it's the messiah. I would have paid more for future proofing. But it will innovate and people will pay way more eBay in the next few months. Time will tell.
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'd probably pre-order one for retail, but I'm not paying marked up Ebay prices. There's no "must have" game coming out at launch, so maybe sometime next year I'll pick on up.
  • i_dont_want_2_be_fat_anymore
    Options
    Me and my xBox are still happily married. I have no plans to cheat...yet.
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I swore to my hubby that I'd wait till later on down the line for when more games out, and for the price to drop (if it does). Not gonna lie though, it's driving me nuts. I WANT IT!
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    I'm a broke, just graduated college student. Can't afford to drop that much money yet for no reason. When Nintendo comes out with a new Zelda game it is SO on, but that's all I've played on Nintendo recently. Other than that my other games have been Xbox friendly, so that is where I remain!
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I thought this topic was going to be about Bioshock Infinite :p

*backs out of the room*
  • karyta
    karyta Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I don't even play my Wii, I love my PS3 <3
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    Deva vu

The Dreamcast was released a year before the other new generation consoles, and though it was very impressive at the time, the fact that everyone waited for the PS2 literally killed the Sega console forever.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    In JUST 6 DAYS NOW!

Its odd, while Nintendo has kinda screwed people over in the past (what gaming company hasn't?) I am genuinely excited for it despite the criticism and neigh saying. Honestly, I have loved every Nintendo product that has been released. I know I'm going to love this one too.

To those that are right along with me in that boat, how are you coping with the daunting 6 days ahead?
  • Slimithy
    Slimithy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Nope. Playing Halo 4 has me very excited for the next chapter on Xbox's Next Gen console. Don't get me wrong, the Wii U will be great and when the price comes down a bit to compete with Xbox and PS next gen in a few months we'll probably get one for the boys. I'll enjoy playing the next Zelda again. But till then I'll keep my 360.
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I've decided im not going to buy any games or consoles until the real next gen is out (xbox and PS launch). Then i'll see which has the better social gaming platform and which console my collective group of friends buys and i'll get that one. I was glad i switched from PS2 to X360 and i've more than got my use out of it! 5 or 6 years now on my first xbox with 20g harddrive, i have to delete old games like crazy but im still loving it.

The only thing that'd make me itch for this one would be super smash bros.