First Gynocologist Appointment

Options
Hey Ladies,
I finally have my first appointment with a gynocologist about PCOS and was wondering what things I should be asking or wondering about. Any advice? Thanks :)
Brittany

Replies

• chickpea00
    Options
    HI! I just told my OB/GYN that I had some of the symptoms associated with PCOS and that my husband and I wanted to start a family soon. He did PCOS panel of bloodwork for me. That might be something to ask about if you haven't done it already.
  • morgycg
    morgycg Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    In addition to bloodwork, you also want to get a vaginal ultrasound to check for cysts.

Many women with PCOS are at risk for developing diabetes. You can ask to have your HbA1c checked (3 month average of your blood sugar levels), and if it is too high, then you can start a medication like Metformin.

You may also want to talk to your doctor about starting birth control (if you are not already on it) to help regulate your hormones.

Don't forget that you are usually supposed to be fasting for blood tests, particularly blood sugar tests.
  • mrsburton8909
    Options
    Ask about metformin its for ppl with diabetes but also cures or lowers symptoms for pcos in cluding weight loss. Birth control isnt really the ideal thing becuasue once u stop it makes your periods worse. The metformin helps regulate your hormones and basically bring your cycle bakc on naturally.