Zombies 5k Training on treadmill

Options
caribougal
caribougal Posts: 865 Member
Hi all. I'm planning on moving my runs indoors now that it's getting cold. Does anyone do the 5k training program on a treadmill? How do you do it? Do you try to program the intervals in before you get on, or do you adjust speeds as you go? Do you just skip some of the extra things like heel raises? Any lessons learned?

Replies

• mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    i dont see an issue since its time based rather than distance based...as far as heel raises and stuff...step off the treadmill..if you can..I run outside..so...i dont have any issues right now..
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    What she said. I do both programs on the treadmill and haven't had any issues so far.
  • Bob_Sutton
    Bob_Sutton Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have just started the 5K Training missions on a treadmill and adjust the speed manually. It did take a couple times before I figured out the speeds I was comfortable with. I did skip the heel lifts, but will stop and do the half-squats that they just added for week 6.
  • CarrieStL
    CarrieStL Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer it on treadmill, so I can track my progress. I snap shots like this...

2m2t8bb.jpg

... and post them in MFP blog as progress for each mission! I am on Mission 4 in the 5K training ap and seeing my pace improve is a huge incentive.

As far as logistics- I use the instant speed buttons for the intervals. I often pause the workout for my heel lifts or whatever. Sometimes I skip those and add a fast sprint to get my heart rate up instead. I am also in bootcamp so do my fair share of knee lifts already! lol.

Regardless, I LOVE THIS AP! Has been a blast... :happy:
  • suswa3
    suswa3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am only on Week 3 but really enjoying the ap and use the treadmill.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it outside on the streets as I don't have a gym membership. Some of my friends are doing C25k training on a treadmill rather than outside. I don't see it being a problem whatever the programme you do, after all it's what works for you.
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I just tried using zombies, run! on the treadmill in my gym last night. it was rather frustraiting with the zombie chases set to on because I couldn't get the speed up on the treadmill fast enough to compensate for the zombies and I had to drop stuff once to distract them. :(
  • no1belongs
    no1belongs Posts: 156
    Options
    i love using this on the treadmill though i do notice i have to give it a moment to get up to speed which can bit a bit troubling.
  • dragon1ady
    dragon1ady Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the main app on both treadmill and streets and it works well on either. It's hard for me to do zombie chases on the treadmill though, the accelerometer doesn't seem to work quite right, but since I'm right now taking a break from the main to do the 5K that's not really an issue.