Christmas Special

Options
Only 46 days till Doctor Who day! I believe some people also call it... Christmas?

Replies

• notabrat1
    notabrat1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    ha ha:laugh: !! I wished they would stop posting new pics on their facebook page. It just makes you want to see it even more:sad: !!!!
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Anyone else watch the Children in Need prequel?
  • daringstoic
    Options
    I'm super excited for it! I wish I could find a way to convince my family that it's must-see viewing, but I suspect that I'll have to DVR it and watch it another day. What are your theories on Clara/Oswin? I can't wait to find out more.
  • CollegiateGrief
    Options
    What are your theories on Clara/Oswin?

I definitely think she's the same person. I thought so before the prequel/preview, but now I'm convinced. My theory is that at the point of her appearence in the Dalek episode she's already been traveling with the Doctor. The Doctor is the one who figures out how to hack the Dalek information network and feeds her voice in through the communication system, and she's not ACTUALLY a Dalek. That "Run, you clever boy. And remember." and the look she gives, oh yes, she knows him. And if she was actually a Dalek the whole time, how did her voice sound human through the comm system? I guess it could be her telepathic voice, and she still sounds human in her head.

I know a lot of people are thinking they pulled another River and showed us her death before they showed us her introduction, but I don't think they would do that again, A. because we might expect it, and B. because it would make River's death less special somehow.
  • sevenof9ncrew73
    Options
    at one point i thought oswin is going to be 10s daughter jennie as the ship chair is the same but then i had to remember they reuse same props all the time. remember the look jennie gave at the end it is the same look soufle girl did when she said run u clever boy. cant wait to find out more who needs christmas long as i got bbc america i dont care about the rest of the day lol
  • CollegiateGrief
    Options
    Guys. GUYS. 18 days.
  • skinnygeekwithin
    skinnygeekwithin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    We are getting closer! I'm actually looking more forward to Who than Christmas. What is wrong with me! LOL
  • CollegiateGrief
    Options
    I'm actually looking more forward to Who than Christmas.

ME TOO!
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    so exciting
    last years got ruined for me :(
    "no no you watch it in there we'll go in the kitchen..."
    ok then...
    more family come
    "oh your watching dr who?"
    "yes :D"
    "oh we have it on record so we dont want to see it so we'll sit right here by the tv and talk over it!"
    GGRR, had to watch a whole evening of their rubbish tv, one thing i wanted to see and i cant hmmph

so ive staked my claim on a tv already :D
    x
  • musiqueange
    musiqueange Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Last year was my first WhoMas and I'm super excited for this one!!! :D

I've managed to avoid a giant spoiler I've heard was pretty massive so I'm pleased by that. BE CAREFUL, EVERYONE!!!1!! ;)
  • daringstoic
    Options
    I bought myself this Dalek Christmas shirt today. I just hope it gets here by Christmas. I'm so excited for it! I don't even like holiday stuff and I'm pretty sure I'll wear it every day.

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/celebrate-celebrate
  • CollegiateGrief
    Options
    This is my first Who-Mas! I've gotton thoroughly addicted since last spring, hahaha.

And that shirt is amazing! I bought the Christmas sweater looking one with cybermen, daleks, angels, and sonic screwdrivers. And snowflakes!
  • musiqueange
    musiqueange Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    And that shirt is amazing! I bought the Christmas sweater looking one with cybermen, daleks, angels, and sonic screwdrivers. And snowflakes!

I got that one, too! Well, the one from teefury, which has the evil snowflakes, so...yah! I liked it more than the second one that showed up from a different website (Quertee, I think!)
  • daringstoic
    Options
    Who else is loving the new look of the TARDIS control room? I think it looks super awesome and I can't wait to see it on Christmas Day.
  • CollegiateGrief
    Options
    Who else is loving the new look of the TARDIS control room? I think it looks super awesome and I can't wait to see it on Christmas Day.

I definitely like that it's less whimsical. It was getting a bit silly with the faucet knobs and grammophone parts, which worked when the Doctor was silly and happy, but now that he's gotten a bit more grim, the functional console works. And it looks so much more like the old school console from back in the old series, and the Gallifreyan lettering at the top is gorgeous.

I'm excited to see the Doctor's new wardrobe too. I wonder if we'll get to see his actual new costume, or just his Victorian garb?

I heard a teaser that the opening sequence will be more like the old series, I wonder if it will have Matt's face?
  • skinnygeekwithin
    Options
    We are getting close now!
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    TOMORROOOOOOOWWWWWW!
  • skinnygeekwithin
    Options
    HAPPY WHO DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Oh and Merry Christmas everyone!!)
  • CollegiateGrief
    Options
    Thoughts?!

I LOVED it! Absolutely adored it! And I love Clara already, though I really hope they don't have her and the Doctor get involved romantically. What about River???