New Start Tomorrow - Need Support!!!

Options
I am in my mid 40s and I joined the website 8 months ago. I am not new to weight loss, and had some success with keeping in shape, but not a long time ago I found out that I have a problem with my spine, so my choice of workout is very limited. Great news on top of slowing metabolism :sad: I am looking for support and suggestions!!! I feel like it is getting harder and harder to lose those pounds:(

Replies

• cue_chik
    cue_chik Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your decision to get back in shape! I'm afraid I can't give you any suggestions on the types of exercises you would be able to do with a spinal problem - that would seem like something better discussed with your doctor, however I can sort of identify with the 'limited' choices for exercise... as I am not financially able to join a gym and partake in the use of the fancy equipment. I usually walk... just walk at least 3 times a week, but aim for 5.

As for the spinal issue -- would water exercises be out of the question? Swimming is great for muscle tone and a lot of community pools also offer exercise classes!

I know this wasn't much help, but I'm here to help support you at least! Good luck!
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    CueChick - I think you gave her some very wise information. Start with your physician and see what they have to say about your choice of exercise. Walking and swimming seem awesome but again check first. The other thing I was thinking about was maybe a stationary bike? Recumbant type even. That way your back has support by sitting against the seat. I got a free one off of a yahoo group called Freecycle a couple years ago. Just remember you can lose weight with food alone but the trick is to maintain your health by incorporating exercise. Good luck and you are not alone in this!
  • SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Good for you for starting back! I just did so a few days ago, but I feel very positive. The journey starts with the first step and all that!!

Good luck!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO THIS! ANYONE CAN ADD ME!
  • Pammy820
    Pammy820 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    welcome!! feel free to add me!!
  • Mrs_Phx
    Options
    Thank you Ladies for your support and advice! I have some progress to share. Just eating right and not exercising at all because of my back, I was still able to lose 0.7 lb a week, YES!!! I also had 30 day progress check-up appointment today, and my back condition was at least 50% better since my first appointment :smile: Now I am allowed some sit-ups, some resistance exercise, and definitely walks. I am happy, because I love walking! Hopefully I can be back on track sooooon!!!
  • southernlady
    southernlady Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just recently started back on here too. There is great support here. Feel free to add me.