What are your best practices?

Options
Being a mother of 4 young boys sometimes brings stress and not much time for myself. But in order to lose weight, there must be a balance. I have found for myself, that the only way to reduce stress is to share the work with others. Not always an easy task to get kids to help out but its essential to everyone's piece of mind.

One way to be able to keep on track with meals and snack is to bring everthing to the kitchen table. Have your kids help pack their own lunches as you do yours too. Not only will they learn to help but they also get a run down on healthy snack versus the occassional snack pack they try to sneak in their lunch box.

Premade snacks are our friend. Moms have to look for convenient ways to eat. With our busy lives we tend to just be lucky to eat anything. So if we have premade healthy snacks ready, we will be more apt to eat healthy versus taking a detour at Mcdonalds.

The best way to ensure success is making the entire family involved...teach, train and guide our kids and we will receive support from them as well. Plus, we are stopping a future chubby kid in the making. Healthy mama=healthy kiddos.

Replies

• NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 year old son and a 10 month old daughter. The best things I have found is during workout time, Presley goes in her Jenny Jump-Up and Noah gets a can of food and works out with mommy lol This is only if hubby is working, otherwise he'll take them for an hour. Another good thing is going to the park. Taking a healthy lunch for a picnic helps also.
  • heathercalma
    Options
    My best practice is getting up super early and getting my workout and breakfast in before there is any room for " life" to happen. Today I was up at 6, took 3 kids to school, hit the gym and just as I got back my 3 year old was getting up. ( Daddy was home). I took a shower and it was only 9am. It was awesome!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    My best practice is getting my workout in either before my older two have to go to school or when our youngest naps. It has to be in the morning. It just helps me feel better and calmer during the day. Also, with 4 kids, I like to do my grocery shopping on a set day, usually Thurs. DO NOT want to have to go on the weekend with all 4.lol. I like to plan out dinner at the start of the day too so I have a goal in mind for the whole day as far as what to eat.
  • Roxymama29
    Options
    All really awesome ideas! Love them and thankyou so very much for sharing.
  • andonsmama
    Options
    i am a full time working mom of a 2 yr old. i don't have time to go to the gym, last thing i want to do it leave my son after being at daycare all day. my fiancee works nights and i dont see him when i get home from work, so i kinda feel like a single mom weeknights LOL
    At work i will walk around the buildings for my 2 breaks. And What i have been doing lately is while my son is taking a bath, i will dance in the bathroom for the 15 min he is in the tub!!! Hey whatever works right?? :happy:
  • sweetgrasswoman
    sweetgrasswoman Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have two toddlers, and an 11 yr old, and my Mister who is in school full time. I workout during my lunch hour at work, while my babies are in daycare. In the evenings I go to the ymca about 7pm when my hubby is home (not every day) on the weekends I go for about two hrs when my babies are napping. Sometimes Ill get a workout in about 4pm after work for about 20 mins before the daycare closes. I have cardio DVD's that I do at home when I cant get to the gym, my kids join me LOL. Ive been doing this for over a month & IT PAYS OFF! Although my social life dwindled I dont mind :)