Introductions

Options
cchhome
cchhome Posts: 45 Member
Hey there, hope you don't mind I started an intro topic.

I am a stay at home mom to 1 5yo girl, and we homeschool, so things aren't as crazy as other households with just one but there are times for sure. I have about 20 lbs to lose, and they are really sticking on! I am not terribly fond of "exercising" but if it will finally help get this last bit off, fine, I will do it! Trying to get into a bit of a routine is a challenge, but everyday I try to make it work out better. Oh, forgot to add that hubby works away for 20 days, home for 10, so we just get back on track for a week and a half and then we stall out when he comes home, and I'm okay with that. For me spending time with him when he is home is the most important thing for my girl and I can't deny that it's pretty darn important to me too! Hope to hear from a couple others out there!

Replies

• allisonw75
    Options
    Hi, i am a stay at home mum of two boys aged 6 and 3. I have struggled with my weight for 20 years and have decided it is finally time to get rid of the excess bulge. I lack motivation as i need to see results fast which doesn't always happen. So with your help maybe we can budge the bulge and be fit and healthy for our precious kids.

Allison.
  • heathercalma
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Im a work from home mom to 4 and I am 1/2 way through a 90 day challenge I have dubbed " Operation Hot Mama". I finish on new years and my goal is to be able to wear a sexy dress on New Years and not feel fat! So far I have lost 7 inches in the last 45 days and I just started exercising today which is what brought me to my fitness pal. I look forward to connecting with other mamas for support and motivation : )
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my names Liane. I'm 32 and mom to 4 kiddos, 3 girls ages 9, 7.5, & 2.5 and 1 son who just turned 1. I worked full time up until I had him with the full intention of returning to work. Life happened and my priorities changed when my mom was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. The decision to stay home was pretty easy, plus, my hubby was accepted into a training program at work at the same time my mom was diagnosed and would be gone for most of the 6months. Really think if I went back to work now I would never see him. I miss my job somedays. My herd, as I call them, make me a little crazy at times, but overall I enjoy being here. On Oct 1st I started Insanity and I LOVE it!! I can't miss a day. On days where I know I'll be busy with appts and school functions I get up around 430am to get my workout in and I don't mind.....crazy, I know! Look forward to hearing from other moms out there!!
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! My name is Bree. I have 2 kids Noah 3 and Presley 10 months. I work 40 hours a week and life gets super hectic!! I try and make meal time healthy and fun and workouts fun by involving my 3 year old. I WISH I could be a stay at home mom but it's just not in the cards. I hate that I can't be with them 24/7 but you gotta do what you gotta do!
  • alyssiawood
    alyssiawood Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! My name is Alyssia I'm 28 and I'm a mom of 3. My son Christian is 10 years old, my daughter Adelynn is 2 years old and my other daughter Aubrianna is 3 months old. I work part time which is great so its nice to be home with my kids more. I want to be able to lose 25 pounds to get to my goal weight. For the last 3 years I have been pregnant so the weight has added up. I've had 3 miscarriages during that time so thats why the weight has kept on piling on. I am ready to get to the old me when I felt good about myself and have the energy I should have to keep up with my kids :) I do okay but I know I can and should do better!! Also I want to lead my kids with example of working out and staying fit. So lets do this ladies and lose weight!!!! :)
  • crisdai
    crisdai Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi.I m Cristina and I have a 19 months girl.I work full time and I m looking to get back to the130 s.
    The problem is I m not constant in my eating and exercising. I m now stuck between 165 -167 since April.
    as of today I will try for a month to exercise daily and to stick to 1300-1400 calories a day.
    Next year I turn 35 and I have to be back to the pre pregnancy weight.
    So.here it is...if I made public maybe I ll be better at doing something about it...
  • mstocks80
    mstocks80 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Melissa, I have 3 children (9yr, 3yr, and 1yr) I am a FT student and also run an in home daycare (3-5 kids at a time). So needless to say I am busy and stressed. My husband is a truck driver and only home on the weekends (usually). I am returning to MFP after falling off track a few months ago. I recently realized that I am a binge eater. And it has severely destroyed my weightloss successes. I have gained back ALL 20lbs that I lost :( I am so depressed and going to see a psychiatrist on Thursday. I need to get my head in shape so that I can get my body in shape. I started a new profile on here because I was ashamed to face my old friends. I want to start fresh. I want to successfully change my life this time.
  • annams76
    annams76 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Anna. A mom to a 3 year old, a student, and active duty military. Believe it or not, with the crazy schedule I work and raising my daughter and being a wife I struggle to find time to workout. I have a lot of weight to lose but think I am on the right track. I started Cardio Insanity again yesterday and I am so sore right now that I am not sure how I will make it through todays workout. Not to mention I will be going for a run in about 4 hours. I wish everyone the best of luck losing weight and reaching all of their goals.
  • mochalishious
    mochalishious Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies I am a working mom of a 19 year old son & a 12 year old daughter. I also bartend on the side & a home attendanton Sunday's . Some days I feel like I have no time for myself. I squeeze in the gym & make time for my husband. I have lost s about 30 lbs even though it says I believe 10 . My goal is to hit 190. I do work out at home as well. It can be hard to fit in the me time but it has to be done. So glad to see this group has been started. We can support each other not only in weight loss but in not giving up because we are working moms. Whether it's home & or work. Good luck ladies :)
  • melaniejo527
    melaniejo527 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am the mom of a 14 year old girl and a 9 year old boy... Between the running for football, baseball, softball games, swim meets, band/chorus, driver's ed, working 2 jobs and trying to keep our home I sometimes feel like I have very little time for me.

Right now our YMCA is doing a Battle of the Holiday Bulge between now and December 22 the goal is to swim 2.5 or 5 miles, bike 112 or 224 miles, and run/walk 26 or 52 miles. I am hoping that this event will help me refocus my attention back on my weight loss and help me from gaining during the holidays.

So excited for this group!!
  • andonsmama
    Options
    count me in!!! i am a full time working mother of a 2 yr old boy, planning a wedding for April 5 2013, and have an 11 yr old step daughter...busy busy but need to get back into shape for ther wedding!! :smile:

anyone feel free to add me as a friend for extrs support/encouragement!!!

have a good day!!!
  • kaylaCdewire1311
    Options
    Hi all-
    I am a divorcee of an "almost" two year old daughter. She is my WORLD. I work full time at a Bank, therefore my job tends to get sedentary at times. I want to start looking for my REAL Mister Right, but I want to be happy with me, first. I need friends that I can rely on to make me accountable for my actions!
  • sweetgrasswoman
    sweetgrasswoman Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am a mother of 3 (1 son whos 11 turning 12 in January, 2 daughters 3 and 2 yrs old). I started my frist job, behind a desk in January and gained 50 lbs! Its the most weight Ive gained in my entire life! We travel during the summer and consumed allot of take out, even after work I am too exhausted to cook I order in, which was a big mistake.
    I joined MFP two weeks ago & love the site! I learned to love cooking, even learned to eat breakfast & stop going to get breakfast take outs, stopped buying lunch and makin my own etc....I gained energy and have more energy to play with my very active children!

Feel free to add me!
  • dillonbryshell
    Options
    Hey Melissa! My name is Michelle, and reading about you was almost like reading about myself!! I run a daycare and also just put back on all 20 pounds I lost!! SUPER hard to not think about food when you are feeding kiddos all day long! Anyway, I am back to MFP again and am working out with a couple friends and am determined to get back in shape...for good!! You can do this, we all can!
  • Roxymama29
    Options
    I am so encouraged by all you hard working mamas! Thank you all for joining this group. I should be able to be on here a lot more now. Just moved my sons to a new school and it has been hectic. My name is Brittany and like I said before Im a mom of 4 boys ages 4 8, 9, 12. I was always pretty fit until after the birth of my third son. I packed on a few extra pounds. A few years later I was preggo again and carried yet another son almost full term and then found out he had passed away and had to have surgery for him to be removed. I went into the deepest, darkest depression for many months..I'm so incredible thankful for my children who have gotten me through the sad moments with lots of hugs. My second son who is the sweetest little guy asked me when I was going to go back to my regular body, you know the skinny one he says...and it crushed me. I want to be healthy for me, but also my children. I used to work a 50+ hour job a week on graveyard as an overnight manager of a large retailer, which meant holidays were busy and usually celebrated on whichever day we could make work. I was overly stressed and meals if any were quick and usually not healthy. My home life fell apart and I started to realize that I needed more..Unfortunatly me and my kids dad split but we remain good friends. I quit my job of 12 years and started to go to college full time to learn how to run my own business on my terms. I have more time with the kids and less stress now..

What is the reason for telling my entire life story?...(oh no, there is more im saving for another time) Because we put on weight for a reason...it is our suit of armor...sure it protects some things...but it adds extra stress on our bodies. Once we find the reasons we have added the weight, we can let it go and never see it again with dedication and hard work..We can do it ladies!!