Heart Rate Monitors

Hi ladies! Great job today so far!! Love the enthusiasm, and the encouragement! Keep it up! Quite a few people have been asking about how many calories for this activity or for that class. The simple answer is, it is going to vary based on your body. The MOST accurate way to find out how many calories you are burning is a Heart Rate Monitor. There are lots of them out there and not to expensive either. If you have any questions about a HR monitor, please ask! I have been using one for almost 3 1/2 years, and it is amazing. Some days I look at my calories burned and think, " I worked way harder than that", and other days where you just say, "yep, I killed it today"! Good Luck!
Kerry

Replies

• As I was at the club tonight the elliptical said that I burned 170 cal and my HR monitor told me it was only 90. BIG DIFFERENCE!!!
    I highly recommend one!!
  • This tool helped me reach my weight loss goal. I highly suggest investing in one, it will pay off. I've had mine about 5 years,have worn it for every workout, and only had to change the battery once. It can also make you aware if you're under your fat-burning range by beeping!
  • Great info, would you ladies mind sharing what brand or type you have?
  • I have a Polar FT4. LOVE it!! And love the # of calories it told me I burned today!!! :-)
  • dawn1801
    dawn1801 Posts: 117 Member
    The last 2 HRM's I have had are Polar. I have had great luck with both of them. The watches both lasted like 4 year each. I did have to replace the chest strap after 2 years on each of them. That is with pretty heavy use. Go to Amazon and you can see the reviews which helped me pick the best one in my price range.
  • Does anyone know the difference between the fitbit one and the fitbit ultra?
  • lmhock
    lmhock Posts: 13 Member
    OK ladies, I have officially decided against getting another Fit Bit. I will decide by tomorrow what HRM I am purchasing and I will share. I am going to read about a couple more before I go to sleep. Nighty night.
  • dawn1801
    dawn1801 Posts: 117 Member
    I have the Polar FT60, I love it. Today, I could not remember the calories I burned so I could look up my history. While exercising, you can toggle between different setting and my 2 favorites are what my current heart rate is or number of calories burned. It keeps me motivated to keep my heart rate above a certain level. Hope this helps...
  • What are your reasons against a fitbit? That is the one I was ready to buy.