Twilight Marathon Day- eating tips

Options
Hey Ya'all!

its almost time. I am so excited. I have taken a vacation day from work Thursday to see the Twilight Marathon- all 5 movies back to back.

So, I dont know if I will be able to take food in. I dont know if there will be in and out privs to go to my car and have a healthy snack. And movie theatre food.... well YIKES.

So I thoght it might be nice to share healthy and sane food ideas for movie day.

I am def. taking pre counted bags of almonds, light string cheese and kale chips. Even tho its evil, I will drink lots of diet coke. Maybe see if I can sneak a healthy sammich in.

What about you guys!

Replies

• KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I carry a big purse for a reason hehe. I will definitely be sneaking my own snacks in but movie popcorn, sans butter, is a MUST for me and I have no doubt I'll either be heating pizza or such during the intermissions.
    I plan on getting a good run in on that morning with a walking cooldown of at least 30 minutes to give me a little bit of a cushion.
  • mommycullen
    mommycullen Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    yes. I am def doing pop corn for BD2. I just am gonna try not to make the whole day a total binge fest.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,009 Member
    Options
    I'm concerned, too. The bags of almonds and string cheese is a good idea. I'm planning on leaving a cooler in the trunk of my car and grabbing snacks between movies. 12 hours is going to be tricky. & I hate movie theater food.
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    the almonds are a good idea; I wish I liked them
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Ive been giving this some thought too....I have started a survival list of things I need to take with me:

Voucher (#1 on the list, can't get in without it!)
    Toothbrush
    Toothpaste
    Mints
    Gum
    Eye drops

I will have a good breakfast, lots of protein. then for my commute, I plan to grab a latte. . We have a diner in the theatre but I don't know how great that will be. I definitely plan to have in unbuttered popcorn at some point.
    I like the idea of having food in the car. It is going to be in the 50s so I don't have to worry about anything freezing. Probably need to take an apple, and maybe make some PB&Js.

I am going alone so I will have to depend on kindness of others if we have to save a seat or something. Maybe I should get one of those cardboard cut outs of me to put in the seat, so no one knows I stepped out! :-)
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,009 Member
    Options
    Ive been giving this some thought too....I have started a survival list of things I need to take with me:

I will have a good breakfast, lots of protein. then for my commute, I plan to grab a latte. . We have a diner in the theatre but I don't know how great that will be. I definitely plan to have in unbuttered popcorn at some point.
    I like the idea of having food in the car. It is going to be in the 50s so I don't have to worry about anything freezing. Probably need to take an apple, and maybe make some PB&Js.

I am going alone so I will have to depend on kindness of others if we have to save a seat or something. Maybe I should get one of those cardboard cut outs of me to put in the seat, so no one knows I stepped out! :-)

What a difference in location! I'm worried about food spoiling, and you're worried about it freezing, Lol!

Maybe you should take a cutout of Edward (or Jake in Stacy's case) . But that might not work because someone would probably be sitting in his lap when you got back. :laugh: :laugh: