Who's going to be logging over Xmas & New Year??

Options

Replies

• pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    i will be logging I may be logging some pretty interesting stuff...
    5 types of stuffing in one day
    about a million pigs in blankets... (LOVE them....)
    a lot of alcohol...
    but i will be logging though possibly not all of it as i feel that once i have had a bit of the alcohol i may forget it all lol

Christmas is the big one for me New Year not so much, my nanny died new year a few years ago, so tis just another day
    x
  • vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I am about to move into maintance for the rest of the year. I was not able to go home for Christmas last year and it sucked, so between 24th - 29th December I will not be logging, just enjoying myself with my family :)
  • dexter4564
    dexter4564 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I won't be logging, but I'll still be weighing in.
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Have decided to log where practical as I have 4 days in hotel over next 3 weeks and several events to attend. Also going to change goal to maintenance tomorrow as only 3 lbs away from target 1. I know this mfp plan works for me so there is no reason not to have some treats over Christmas and get back into it in new year.
  • amybooj
    amybooj Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'll probably log up to Christmas Day, then casually forget for the one day! :laugh:
    I'm working Boxing Day this year which is my normal "pile it away" day because that's when we do family gatherings, but as I'll be stuck at work I'll be able to be fairly well behaved then! I have the pleasure of being the only person having christmas dinner at our house who drives so I can't even have any wine! Until the evening anyway...:wink:
  • nerolimoon
    nerolimoon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'll be logging everything - regardless of what I eat and drink. I will also try to be reasonably careful (though not obsessive). I reached my target weight earlier this month so I want to make sure I keep any Xmas related weight gain to a minimum.
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I will be!!
  • gardendolly
    gardendolly Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm going to log, though I won't worry if I go over. My aim over Christmas is not to gain - if I can avoid it. I hate going into the New Year playing 'catch up' because I put on weight at the end of the previous year. Mind you once I hit the booze, my determination usually fails me, so I may just end up bunging in some random number just so I get to log the day (rather than the content!)LOL!
  • AndyStanford
    AndyStanford Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to log. I'm just planning on putting in a blanket 5000 calories for the heavy days, and let the dice fall as they will.
  • thegeordielass
    thegeordielass Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I will be same as ever. I don't 'do' Christmas so to me it's just any other day. Only difference being because my family do 'do' Christmas I'll be having a Sunday roast on a Tues instead of a Sun. I don't drink so alcohol isn't an issue and I hate greasy finger foods so I'm reasonably confident of a green day with plenty of lovely veg. :)
  • sgh10
    sgh10 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I think I will log just to keep going
  • caroleannlight
    caroleannlight Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I am planning to log and aim for TDEE. Will be trying to have a good week this week with plenty of exercise. Its the booze that will be the killer on my calories. If I can get though with no more than 2-3 lbs up will be happy and calling it a success.
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I've decided I'm not logging for the whole 3 weeks over Christmas break. I'm aiming for maintenance through excercise and good choices so this is a lifestyle test for me (and a logging break!) so far 1 week down and 1lb lost
  • dididede
    dididede Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Think I won't be able to help myself, will log it all and mourn the gain, lol.

Lol that is SO like me too, will try to resist but am an MFP addict, it's official :-)
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Nope because I can't be bothered to add loads of new recipes and weigh everything else when I am so busy..and away for new Year. So I will stop on Christmas Eve and start again on 3rd January
  • pauldare43
    pauldare43 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ive recently give up alcohol so i be logging feel free too add daily user and diary open
  • carly_am
    carly_am Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I actually am going to log because I lose track of what I eat so easily. Based on what I know now and memories of why I will usually consume on Xmas day (I start with sweets and chocolate first thing an do not stop until I go to bed) I would easily put away close to 6000 cals, probably more depending howmuch alcohol I can fit in!!

I'm not gonna kill myself over it though. I'm taking a load of stuff to my family's that is relatively healthy to snack on to try an avoid crisps, dip, sweets etc. I'm taking a load of stewed and frozen fruit to snack on and gin and slimline for the alcohol. Marinated tofu bits, quorn cocktail sausages etc. possibly some toasted pearl barley if I fancy something salty.

Same as a lot of you though I'm going to try to stick to tdee ( that's 2000 for me) and try and get outside for a few walks over the few days I'm away.

Bring on January!!
  • Celuwen
    Celuwen Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be with family so I can't know the ins and outs of everything, so I'm not going to log on Christmas Day or Boxing Day. Sensible portions and no overdo the cheese, booze and biscuits. Then logging as normal days for the rest of the time.
  • chelseabuns88
    chelseabuns88 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'll be logging.. I can't see it being all that bad really!
  • thegeordielass
    thegeordielass Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I developed a new and even better foolproof way of not overeating - get a throat infection. :( Could barely eat anything all week (yay ice cream lol) and now it's cleared up I have no appetite and eating any more then about 600-800 cals leaves me ready to throw up. :( I miss food!