It's the weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekend!! (nearly :)

Options
AnnaPixie
AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
So what's happnin Peeps - any hot dates? Or warm one's? Or even cold one's?? :laugh:

I'm starting this early as I wont have time tomorrow day - working. But I'm so excited about going to see a band tomorrow night, not done that for a while and love, love, love live gigs! :bigsmile:

And I also have a brunch date with friends and bubbles on Sunday, in a super posh hotel in central London. That's going to be awesome too :bigsmile:

Wine is the new man!! :love:

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

And I also have a brunch date with friends and bubbles on Sunday, in a super posh hotel in central London. That's going to be awesome too :bigsmile:

Ohhhh sounds fun!

I am actually going to have pretty calm weekend since I drank way too much last weekend.

Probably seeing the new James Bond movie friday night
    Saturday we are going to the Lucky 5 Ranch. Which is a safari like animal park. We ride around on a horse drawn wagon and animals roam around. There is about 15 of us going so we will have a wagon to ourselves aka no kids.
    Saturday night I currently have plans to go to a fundraiser for Movember that a friend is hosting but might decide on a quite night in instead.
    Sunday we are playing kickball followed by going to a bar to watch some football.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Probably seeing the new James Bond movie friday night

Saw it and I liked it.

Nothing special for me. Gym, work, the usual.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Nope...no plans at all :( I need to widen my social circle outside of home and work but I don't know how to do that...
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Well, if wine is the new man....then I have a HOT date!!! :wink:

Not a lot going on. Just getting the house ready for Thanksgiving and the holidays. We're putting the tree up right after Thanksgiving, so I want everything reaady for that.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Same old, hanging out with the bros on saturday.

Other than that not much of anything.

Normal weekend.
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Have hot dates for the next 3 days with the same guy! Hmmm, does that mean we are dating?
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Nope...no plans at all :( I need to widen my social circle outside of home and work but I don't know how to do that...

Yeh .. I need to do that too. Not sure how either.

My boy is with his dad this weekend, only one hockey game this weekend. That the good Lord for that.

I took a personal day tomorrow because my sister and I are doing some shopping and then watching BREAKING DAWN PART 2 !! woooot wooot! I cannot wait! Other than that .. just cleaning and laundry. lol. I am a social butterfly!!!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

Not sure where you live but you could try meetup.com. Don't go for the single events though, find something that you have an interest in and go from there. I joined the main group I am in because they had a kickball leauge and I thought that would be fun. If it wasn't for them I would probably be sitting home every weekend, 2 of my closest girl friends were meet through it.
  • sunnymel126
    sunnymel126 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow... drinks with friends, then going to my friend's place to see the season finale of Grimm...

Saturday out with my friend to some hen party and drinks...

Sunday loungin' :)

* and by drinks I mean my friends because I'm a lightweight since wanting to lose weight. I rather eat my calories. haha
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I have to work until 3:00 pm today then I have 15 of the next 19 days off work, either through vacation, weekends or flex time. After work, I am leaving for Texas. I'll probably make it to Tulsa tonight, then College Station on Friday. I'm spending this weekened with some college friends. We're going to watch Texas A&M play (practice against) Sam Houston State University on Saturday. Sunday, I plan to run 12 miles. It will be my last long run before my half marathon. Monday I am going to visit a few professor and then take my dissertation chair to lunch. He has a large malignant tumor on his heart. It may be the last time I get to see him. After that, I'm driving to my mom's in Houston. I'll be there until Wednesday morning then driving back to St. Louis to spend thanksgiving with my dad. I originally planned to spend Thanksgiving with mom but she forgot I was coming and booked a trip to my brother's place so she could see her grandson. God my family knows how to make me feel special.

Edit: I also discovered that the Donner Party started their trip just one block north of where I am starting mine. Wish me luck!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Well Tonight sleep to recover from being out til 3am and up at 6am.

Tomorrow is one of my co-workers birthdays so we are having a huge party at our favorite bar, Mr NG is coming.
    Saturday I have been told not to make any plans by Mr. NG cause there is some kinda event in Miami that he wants to take me to but that all the details I got. Sunday shopping for thanksgiving supplies I gotta make 2 apple pies and a pumkin pie along with the food that I'm making
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options

Not sure where you live but you could try meetup.com. Don't go for the single events though, find something that you have an interest in and go from there. I joined the main group I am in because they had a kickball leauge and I thought that would be fun. If it wasn't for them I would probably be sitting home every weekend, 2 of my closest girl friends were meet through it.

Thanks! I will try it!

Edited to add: I looked at it, the closest thing to me is in Richmond, about 50 miles away :(
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    your making me wish it was Friday already....booo :)

Anywhos...I have to come in and make up a few hours on Saturday sometime, but gonna clean house I think and clean the car out.... just becuase my kiddos have "tornadoed" it again.

Then wherever the wind blows me.... I suppose. Sounds nuts but if I can get the lawnmower going, I'm gonna mow the grass one more time. If it's the battery that's dead I'm gonna explode on Walmart....crappy *kitten* batteries.

Gonna be a quiet one I suppose. :)
  • Daisy_Cutter_
    Daisy_Cutter_ Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Yay!

Let's see..tonight a bunch of us are going to dinner because there us an eat-off between a guy on my crew and thus rail-thin bio. I've seen this girl eat...my bet is on her. My guy and I set it up so it should be fun.

Tomorrow running with LM after work and just hanging out after. Saturday working then driving hone to spend a day with my daughter before she flies to WA Sunday. Sunday back out to the desert. So, nothing too spectacular!

Anna....a date with Wine sounds awesome!
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    The man left his keys at home this morning and didn't discover this until we got to work, so we had to get back in the car head back home (25 min each way) to get the keys and come back, which makes us an hour late. I told him he owes me a nice dinner out on Saturday - one i don't have to cook and clean up after.

Lots of errands to run this weekend, but no fun plans. So glad tomorrow is Friday - it's been a long week!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    This is very wise!

I have a second date Friday night, but otherwise, a quiet weekend planned.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options

So if you change from a Reisling to a Muscatta, are you cheating?
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options

So if you change from a Reisling to a Muscatta, are you cheating?

LOL playing the field maybe
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Oh, Anna, I'm jealous on the brunch! I LOOOOOOVE brunch! I need to do one some time in the near future.

As for me, I will be working all Saturday again (last weekend was all day Saturday and Sunday, but thank god for the long weekend to have had one day off). Probably dinner Saturday night at my guy's and just hanging out relaxing together Sunday. Pretty boring and low key this weekend to rest up for next weekend in Vegas! :tongue:
    I have to work until 3:00 pm today then I have 15 of the next 19 days off work, either through vacation, weekends or flex time. After work, I am leaving for Texas. I'll probably make it to Tulsa tonight, then College Station on Friday. I'm spending this weekened with some college friends. We're going to watch Texas A&M play (practice against) Sam Houston State University on Saturday. Sunday, I plan to run 12 miles. It will be my last long run before my half marathon. Monday I am going to visit a few professor and then take my dissertation chair to lunch. He has a large malignant tumor on his heart. It may be the last time I get to see him. After that, I'm driving to my mom's in Houston. I'll be there until Wednesday morning then driving back to St. Louis to spend thanksgiving with my dad. I originally planned to spend Thanksgiving with mom but she forgot I was coming and booked a trip to my brother's place so she could see her grandson. God my family knows how to make me feel special.
    Way to go on the running! I have so fallen off the exercise wagon the last two months with work being so busy, this is inspiring! I would love to get past being able to do a 5K and up to a half marathon as well. I hope you have a nice visit in Texas - that's so sad about the tumor. :-(
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Well I have big plans. The non-boyfriend boyfriend is moving in with me and the kids. HUGE step. HUGE.