Spartan Trifecta... Who has done it? Tell me about it...

Options
2»

Replies

• nhradeuce
    nhradeuce Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    so how much of a step up or step down in your case is the sprint to the beast?
    There's really no comparison to the Beast. The location was MUCH more difficult. The Beast in SC has over 1700 of elevation change, the Sprint only had 300. The obstacles are pretty much the same, just a lot more of them. Well, last year's Beast had a couple of really tough obstacles, the second barbed wire crawl was ridiculous. Like Tuneses said, the Beast is a lot of mountain and a lot of pain.

That's not to say the Sprint is easy. In comparison to the Warrior Dash or other typical mud runs, the Sprint is a brute. On a trail comparable to the one the Charlotte Sprint was run on, I can do 9 minute miles pretty consistently. The sprint was 4.8 miles and it took me 1:16 to finish.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I found the Super to be really easy. It's the only one I've done to date. But then I had just ran a half marathon the month before, so the distance was a breeze.

I ended up taking forever because I was on a team with a few really slow people who didn't bring any water or nutrition and I was the only one with supplies. I'm sure I kept at least one teammate alive :ohwell: ... took about 2:45 to finish but I'm sure on my own it would have been about 2 hrs.

My sprint is coming up June 1st and I'm doing it with my husband. We're going to go pretty slow since he's going to struggle to run the full distance. We'll be doing quite a bit of walking. I'm proud of him for giving it a go though :smile:
  • crazy_indeed
    crazy_indeed Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    This year, I WILL have my Spartan Trifecta :)