Important notes for posting recipes...READ FIRST

Options
ccmandel
ccmandel Posts: 143 Member
I will list several main topics so we can post recipes in those spots, like main dishes, sides, desserts, soups. Depending on how people want to access recipes, we can make changes to the order or structure later. Open to suggestions!

When posting the recipe, please provide the following:

CLEAR RECIPE NAME
NUMBER OF SERVINGS
NUTRITIONAL VALUE (as much as possible but, at a minimum, calories, fat, and protein. This should be PER SERVING

FORUM NAME so others know how to contact you with questions
PICTURE, if possible. Instructions for posting images below.
PREP TIME , if known
WEB LINK for reference, if available online. Important to note recipe source even if you are unable to provide link.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR POSTING IMAGES IN MFP FORUMS AND GROUPS

First you need to have an image hosting account somewhere...most are free like photobucket, tinypic, etc. Upload your picture to one of these sites. You will be provided with a bunch of image codes, You want the one that is geared for message boards.

The format you will be provided for your image is: "qqebzq.jpg" COPY IT

The capital "IMG" should be replaced in each instance by "img" but without the quotes to look like this but without the quotes or extra spaces.

"[ img] http://i48.tinypic.com/qqebzq.jpg[ /img]". Don't put the quotes or extra spaces..they are for demo purposes only.

DETERMINING NUTRITIONAL FACTS
In case you haven't used it you are able to determine detailed nutrition info right on MFP. Add a new recipe and it will ask you for all of the specific ingredients. The result is a detailed nutritional listing when you post recipe to your daily food! Voila!

Susan

Message me at CCMANDEL with questions, comments, or suggestions. This is a work in progress and we will refine with your input.