Tracking water

Options
Do you track your water consumption? I figured, why not, since it's there and I'm already tracking calories. Should I include tea or not because its dehadrating?

Replies

• AlisalGal
    AlisalGal Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I do track during the week because I keep a big pitcher of filtered water on my desk and it's very easy to drink lots of water throughout the day. I'm not so good on weekends, and have to remind myself constantly - NOT diet pepsi, water! I also try to keep bottled sparkling water around because sometimes I just crave the freshness of the carbonation.
  • Dino924
    Dino924 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I don't track water, I barely have time to track food, and most days I'm pretty good with drinking 6-8 glasses, but sometimes at work if i'm drinking more tea/coffee than usual I drink less than my normal amount of water.

I also don't log vegetables, even seeing the minimal calories they have would discourage me from eating them.
  • AlisalGal
    AlisalGal Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    That's a good point about the vegetables - they're so low in calories and also low on the glycemic index. That's something I haven't paid much attention to (the glycemic index) in the past, but according to Dr. Oz, someone who is apple-shaped like me can lose weight from their mid-section faster by focusing on foods from this group.
  • thebigdipper
    Options
    I track water because the amount of water I drink plays a huge part in my cravings. The more dehydrated I am, the more I crave things that are bad for me. Tracking helps me at least think about the consequences of letting myself get dehydrated.

I also don't track vegetables! I am a former WWer and vegetables are "free" or no points under their system. I'm not eating enough vegetables where I think not tracking will impact my weight loss. And not tracking them encourages me to eat them. And gives me a healthy "free" snack when I'm struggling sometimes.