ccmandel
ccmandel Posts: 143 Member
Add your tasty treats here!!

Replies

• obored1
    obored1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Banana Protein Muffins

Ok, let me start by telling you this is my own kitchen creation. I am a baker, a very good one, that is why I am fat !! so I've been playing and although these are very edible, so much that my family eats and doesn't know they are fake, They are my first batch and I may be improving it later.

Ingredients:

1.75 Cups of Old Fashioned Oats, after measured, grind in food processor to make oat flour
    1 Cup Mashed Bananas (food processor is great) do the dry oats first
    1/2 Cup unsweetened Apple sause
    1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt *this I may reduce later
    3 egg whites
    2 scoops chocolate whey protein powder, (mine was 140 calories for 1 scoop 26 g protein)
    3/4 cup granular Splenda, could use any cup for cup sweetener and may reduce if your palate isn't like mine, I like it sweet still a half cup may be plenty for some of you.
    1 tsp Cinnamon cause its good for you
    1 tsp Baking soda
    2 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp salt

you can add chocolate chips, nuts, etc but I didn't and they are not in the stats below

divide evenly into greased muffin tins ( or use liners) I used Pam spray Makes 12 regular sized muffins, the tins should be filled very close to the top, they will rise.

Bake 350 for 17 to 22 minutes depending on your tin and oven

So here's the stats, 111 calories, 18 Carbs, 1 Fat, 8 Protein, 2 Fiber YUM YUM Enjoy
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Squares

These are a great, filling treat! I eat them for snacks and for breakfast. They will keep for about 5 days in sealed ziploc bags or a storage container - anything longer than that and they tend to get moldy (because they are pretty moist). You have to keep them sealed up or they will dry out. The recipe makes 9 servings.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
    1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 cup milk
    1 large egg, lightly beaten
    1 medium mashed banana
    1/4 cup creamy peanut butter

Directions:

Mix together the quick cooking oats, light brown sugar, baking powder, kosher salt and ground cinnamon.

Add in the vanilla extract, milk and egg. Mix the ingredients together.

Then add in the mashed banana and peanut butter. Combine all of the ingredients.

Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 8 by 8 inch baking dish. Bake at 350 F degrees for 20 minutes.

Cut into squares and enjoy!

Stats (based on the brands I use):

Calories - 138
    Carbs - 20g
    Fat - 5g
    Protein - 4g
  • LoraF83
    Options
    Roasted Chickpeas

A great, crunchy snack. Really satisfies when you are craving something salty.

Ingredients

1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
    1 T extra virgin olive oil
    1 T cayenne pepper
    1 tsp garlic salt
    1.5 tsp kosher salt

Instructions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place drained and rinsed chickpeas in a small bowl. Add olive oil and stir to coat evenly. Spread on a baking sheet. Sprinkle chickpeas with seasonings to coat evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring occassionally, until chickpeas are golden brown and crunchy on the outside.
    Makes 5 servings.

Stats (based on the brands I buy):

Calories - 97
    Carbs - 15g
    Fat - 3g
    Protein 5g
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Recipe from Kalyn's Kitchen

Roasted Kale Chips with Sea Salt and Vinegar
    (Makes 2-3 servings of kale chips, recipe adapted by Kalyn with inspiration from many other bloggers who also made kale chips.)

one small bunch of kale, about 6 oz.
    1 T extra-virgin olive oil
    1 T vinegar (I used Spanish sherry vinegar, but any vinegar you like the flavor of will work)
    sea salt to taste

Preheat oven to 300F/150C.

Cut away inner ribs from each kale leaf and discard, then tear the kale leaves into same-size pieces. (I made my pieces about the size of a small potato chip.) Wash torn kale pieces and spin dry in a salad spinner or dry with paper towels until they're very dry.

Put kale pieces into a large Ziploc bag (or use a bowl if you don't mind getting your hands oily.) Add half of the 1 T of olive oil, seal bag, and squeeze the bag so the oil gets distributed evenly on the kale pieces. Add the other half tablespoon of oil and squeeze the bag more, until all kale pieces are evenly coated with oil and slightly "massaged."

Open the Ziploc bag and sprinkle the 1 T sherry vinegar over the kale leaves, then seal bag and shake to spread the vinegar out over all the leaves.

Arrange kale leaves in a single layer on a baking sheet, then roast until they are mostly crisp, about 35 minutes. I checked every 10 minutes or so and turned some pieces over. I also found I didn't mind if there were a few softer parts on some of the kale leaves, I liked the combination of crisp and softer parts.

When chips are done to your liking, sprinkle with a generous amount of sea salt and eat immediately.

For about 2 cups of kale per serving:

Calories/104, Carbs/9, Fat/8, Protein/2, Fiber/2, Sodium/Will depend on how much you salt the chips after they bake.

I'm going to try these. I may have to experiment with different seasonings.
  • FitzyFitzpatrick
    FitzyFitzpatrick Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Spice Muffins

Prepare 24 count standard-size muffin tin with Pam or paper liners (I did both types and preferred the Pam results)

1 box mix - Spice Cake (I used Duncan Hines Moist Cake Mix, 18.25oz/517g)
    1 15oz/425g can of packed pumpkin (I used Libby's 100% pure Pumpkin)

Mix dry mix and canned pumpkin until thoroughly mixed. DO NOT ADD eggs or water. Yes, it's thick, like mixing peanut butter!

Divide evenly into muffin tin.

Bake 10-12 minutes or until testing pick comes out clean.

Serving size = 1 muffin
    97 Calories
    20 Carb
    2 Fat
    1 Protein
    1 Fiber
    143mg Sodium
  • FitzyFitzpatrick
    FitzyFitzpatrick Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Zucchini Hummus

•2 medium zucchini, peeled and chopped
    •½ cup tahini
    •⅓ cup lemon juice
    •⅓ cup olive oil
    •3 garlic cloves
    •1½ teaspoons cumin
    •Salt & pepper to taste

Directions

Combine all ingredients in the base of a food processor, and process until smooth. Serve with crisp raw veggies, such as carrots, celery sticks, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, or cucumber slices, for dipping

Makes 2.5 cups

Serving size 2 T

Nutrition Facts

Calories 73
    Total Fat 7g
    Saturated Fat 1g
    Cholesterol 0mg
    Sodium 9mg
    Total Carbohydrates 2.5g
    Dietary Fiber 0.8g
    Protein 1.3g
    Vitamin A 1%
    Vitamin C 9%
    Calcium 3%
    Iron 4%
    Nutrition Grade B-
  • jbond80
    jbond80 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    cucumbercups_zps7ce8db6b.jpg[/URL]

Perfect for your next party--or turn any snack into a festive event!

Minutes to Prepare: 15Number of Servings: 12

Ingredients
    1 English (seedless) cucumber, peeled

1/2 cup peas*
    1 tablespoon horseradish mustard
    1/4 cup sour cream, reduced fat
    1/4 cup hummus

1 sprig fresh dill, separated into 12 sections

* I used no-salt added canned peas, but you could also use thawed frozen peas.

Tips
    We often turn to bread, crackers, or other whole-grain products as a vehicle to get dip from point A to point B. I like to use vegetables whenever I can. For this spicy, creamy dip, I used cucumber, but you could use any vegetable: hollowed cherry tomatoes, celery sticks, or endive leaves.

Directions
    Cut the cucumber into 12 rounds (approximately 2 inches each). Scoop out the inner flesh being careful not to scoop out all the way through to the bottom. Place the slices on paper or cotton towels to drain.

Puree the peas, mustard, and sour cream using a blender or immersion blender, or mash with a fork until smooth.

Fill each cup with 2 teaspoons of hummus, then fill to the top with the pea mixture. Garnish with a dill sprig.

One filled cup per serving.

Nutritional Info
    Servings Per Recipe: 12
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 26.6
    Total Fat: 1.3 g
    Cholesterol: 2.0 mg
    Sodium: 61.1 mg
    Total Carbs: 2.6 g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.6 g
    Protein: 0.9 g
  • LoraF83
    Options
    Corn Salsa

6 ears of sweet corn
    1/2 cup diced red onion
    1 small can of diced chilies
    Cilantro (to taste)
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp paprika
    1/2 tsp Cumin
    1T Olive Oil
    4T Lime Juice

Cook the sweet corn as preferred (I bake mine in the husk). Cut corn off the cob and cool. Once cooled, stir all ingredients together. Let sit for 1 hour before serving. Enjoy!

Makes 3 cups - I calculated the calories for 1/4 cup servings.

61 calories per serving
    12g carbs
    2g fat
    2g protein
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lora!!!! That just sounds delicious. Can't wait to try it!!!
  • LoraF83
    Options
    Energy Bites

1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
    1/2 cup flax seeds (whole or ground...I used whole)
    1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
    1/2 cup PB
    1/3 cup honey
    1 T olive oil
    1 tsp vanilla

Stir oatmeal, flax seeds, and chocolate chips together. Add in the rest of the ingredients. Stir until completely mixed (use a spoon or your hands!). Form into 36 small balls. Freeze for 1-2 hours on a cookie sheet then transfer to a freezer bag. To use, either eat frozen or let thaw for 15 minutes.

Approximately 67 cals each, depending on ingredients. High calorie, but worth it before/during long cardio sessions.