Introductions

Options
Panda_1999
Panda_1999 Posts: 191 Member
Hi All :-)
I am a 52 year old mom of 4 (all grown now). I was heavy for most of my life, then started losing for no reason and thought this is great until I was losing too much, that is when we discovered my diabetes. By an emergency room visit, with a BG over 700 and a hospital stay to start getting it in line.

I am an insulin dependent Type 1 diabetic with peripheral neuropathy for over a year now. Even after my blood sugar was under control I continued to lose weight for many months and was down to 85 lbs (scary for me) and needed to gain, which I have done and now, but I'm over my target weight so I need to lose about 20lbs. My Dr. agrees that few small sweets or blood sugar correction carbs are allowed in my meal plan. I believe in little measured treats, so I no longer binge. Or at least I am avoiding foods I tended to binge with. WoW what a learning curve this has been.

I am pleased to meet this community.
Panda_1999

Replies

• Panda_1999
    Panda_1999 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    A Happy Thanksgiving to All of you! I do hope everyone is having a great day. We eat late so I will eat later. I can't eat all the extra carbs in the single meal but will stretch out my treats in limited portions, makes me glad for leftovers. Diabetes doesn't take the day off for the holiday, so neither can I. Be Well and enjoy this time with your loved ones :-)