SOS: Shout out Sundays

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Well, that time again. What good, bad, ugly or celebratory happened this week?

Any revelations?

Replies

• CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I got meds! :bigsmile:

Had a rather unhealthy day yesterday but just managed to stay within goal. Thinking back, I probably shouldn't have had the cheesecake as I wasn't really hungry but I enjoyed it very much. Back to healthy today :happy:
  • HellsBelles123
    Options
    I got a crosstrainer!!! Delighted with it!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Not fitness related, but I caught up on all my bills this week. Probably should have done that AFTER shopping for Thanksgiving, but it's done and a load off my mind.
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Not fitness related, but I caught up on all my bills this week. Probably should have done that AFTER shopping for Thanksgiving, but it's done and a load off my mind.

That is a blessing...I can't even put into words....but yes a true Monkey off the back!!!!!! :D
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    I got meds! :bigsmile:

Had a rather unhealthy day yesterday but just managed to stay within goal. Thinking back, I probably shouldn't have had the cheesecake as I wasn't really hungry but I enjoyed it very much. Back to healthy today :happy:

I am so happy you have MEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAY!!!!!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Decided it's time to see if I can get back into my walk/jog routine by seeing how far I can go walking with my (hopefully) healing broken toe. Managed to walk 2 miles today, so now I know that on days I don't have gym/dance I can start walking again (don't think I'll be back up to jogging by the color run on Dec 15 but I should be able to walk the course!)

Second thing today, I started my house work for Thanksgiving today and cleaned off all the crap on my coffee table to discover that I have A COFFEE TABLE! Now if I can only get the rest of the place cleaned up!
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I was convicted yesterday and it was confirmed for me today, I need to apologize to an ex-friend. I was hurt deeply by her and I allowed the sun to go down on that anger more than once and I turned into an ugly monster. Since, I am preaching and teaching to my pupils in Childrens Church about doing the right thing even when it is hard, I better be sure I am walking the talk.
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    I was convicted yesterday and it was confirmed for me today, I need to apologize to an ex-friend. I was hurt deeply by her and I allowed the sun to go down on that anger more than once and I turned into an ugly monster. Since, I am preaching and teaching to my pupils in Childrens Church about doing the right thing even when it is hard, I better be sure I am walking the talk.

I had to do the same last weekend so don't feel like you are the only one! The key is you recognize and do it! That is what counts! God bless you!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Second thing today, I started my house work for Thanksgiving today and cleaned off all the crap on my coffee table to discover that I have A COFFEE TABLE! Now if I can only get the rest of the place cleaned up!

LOOOOL!!!!!! I need to do the same!
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Nothing too big happened this week, but yesterday I did have a little mini nsv. I was getting dressed to go to the A&M football game and for fun I decided to see if I could wear an old t-shirt in my closet that is a size smaller than I normally wear. It actually fit and looked good! I hadn't worn that t-shirt to a football game in 2 seasons. It was very exciting! :happy:
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    A new MFP friend has many, many thought-provoking quotes and resources on her profile page. One that I read this week that really resonated with me is this:

"If hunger is not the problem, then food is not the solution." -Michelle May

Simple? Yes.
    Self-evident? Perhaps.
    Easy for me to live? Not yet. But one day...

Since I have been an emotional eater since I was a kid, my default (non)coping strategy when I'm dealing with stress, anxiety, or fear has been food.

I want to create a new default.

When I feel those overeating urges coming on, this is a sentence that I can tell myself to help me quickly focus on dealing with what's truly the issue--whatever emotion that may be--instead of trying to use food as as a diversion.

I'll need to post it on the fridge or something so that see it every day. :)

Have a great week, everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    BTW, I don't want to take over the thread but replying to everyone individually, but I want you all to know that I love reading the "SOS" threads. I'm happy to see your NSVs, and I'm encouraged to see how you are facing life's everyday challenges head on.

Thanks!
  • kriskerans
    kriskerans Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thursday the 15th was lunchion at work, I looked up the calories for turkey, gravy, salad, and stuck to it, passed all the pies, and goodies, the girls at my table really helped. I was real busy Saturday, worked as a volunteer for Be The One Bone Marrow 1K -5K race in Long Beach, CA. Was so happy it didn't rain, I had a great day, and my goal is next June to be in the 5K race, not helping on the side lines. Have a good Thanks Giving everyone, I'm not cooking going to feed the homeless in the Park, and do a lot of walking that day...