My cats are FINALLY being cute together

Options
ladymiseryali
ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
It's been two weeks since my fiance and I adopted Marceline the kitten. Today, for the first time ever, she is kind of snuggling with our other cat, Peanut. They're both on the cat tree and curled up. I've been wanting to see them do that since we brought her home. Makes me happy. This may be a sign that they're going to be the best of friends!

Replies

• catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Awwww...I would love to see mine do that but its never going to happen.

Only 2 of my 5 will lie together, the rest barely tolerate each other...never known cats like it!
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    That's terrific! I once adopted a male kitten because I thought my older, Siamese girl "Duchess" was lonely. She HATED that kitten and would continually fight with him. He ran away from home several times and eventually found himself a lovely family down the street that took him in. That was when I realized.... Duchess didn't want competition! We never tried that again.

(And for those who say what an irresponsible pet owner I was, yes, I was a teenager then and stupid. I would do things differently now, but thank heavens it all worked out.)
  • alcon79
    alcon79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Awww what great news! Our cats have been together for 4 years and they've never cuddled. The closest we get is if one won't move from the couch so they sit butt to butt - or when the older one will give the younger a drive-by lick in the face. Then the younger one swats her in the head and they wrestle for 20 minutes, but I'll take that over the first month of hissing any day!
  • SomeMorr
    SomeMorr Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    two weeks is fast. When I got Alan he and the older cat Mosby did not get along. But now it has been exactly a year since I got Alan and they are best friends now (they were pretty good friends after a couple of months).. they snuggle, lick each other and will fight like siblings for my attention.
  • ladymiseryali
    Options
    two weeks is fast. When I got Alan he and the older cat Mosby did not get along. But now it has been exactly a year since I got Alan and they are best friends now (they were pretty good friends after a couple of months).. they snuggle, lick each other and will fight like siblings for my attention.

I was surprised they hit it off. When Peanut was a kitten and we adopted him, we did a quickie intro with our older cat, Chinchilla. She was old and didn't want to play rough like Peanut did. They never really got along, but she did appreciate his presence because her other companion passed on. It just wasn't a good match. Peanut can now play with a kitten that has the same energy level as him. Plus, we kept them separated for a week and let them both get used to the idea of being housemates, so that probably made the difference.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Any update on this? Are they still getting along?
  • ladymiseryali
    Options
    Any update on this? Are they still getting along?

They're still buddies and Marceline likes to instigate wrastling matches, then screams like a banshee when she's losing. lol. Peanut isn't hurting her. She's just being a dramaqueen.