Just over 5 weeks to go - how are you doing so far?

Options
katescurios
katescurios Posts: 224 Member
This is my intro post that I put in the 'It Begins' thread:

**Hi, my name is Katie, I'm 29 years old and live in the UK. My stats are:

SW - 271
CW - 241
GW (overall) - 168
GW (xmas) - 221

Fingers crossed we can all hit our targets before santa arrives :D**

As of this morning I weigh 234lbs. so 7 lbs lost so far while doing this challenge. I would like to be 221lbs by xmas which is another 13lbs or 2.6lbs a week. It's gonna be tough but I'm still game.

How are you all doing?

Replies

• betancourta229
    betancourta229 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    SW(on MFP) 233.9 lbs
    SW(for challenge) 200.6 lbs
    CW - 193.3 lbs as of this morning
    GW (overall) - 150 lbs
    GW (xmas) - 185 lbs

Lost about 7 pounds since starting the challenge. That leaves a little over half way to go by Christmas! So far I am feeling pretty optimistic that I can do this!

As of today I am half way to my big goal of losing just over 80 lbs. I might lose a little more when I get closer to my goal depending on how I feel in my skin :wink:

Good luck everybody!
  • violetcharms
    violetcharms Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I seem to have been too ambitious. I do see quite good changes in terms of measurements, but up to today, I've lost just 2kg (4.4lbs).

Gotta work harder... but I don't mind settling for another 3 inches off waist and 1 inch off each thigh and hips. =)

Good luck guys!
  • luvScott
    luvScott Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    SW 165
    CW (as of yesterday morning) 155
    GW 145

I'm pretty sure my first couple of pounds were water weight so I think realistically I've lost 8 pounds since joining this group. I'd like to be 150 by Christmas. I'm feeling pretty confident I can do it but there are a lot of holiday parties coming up! Good luck everyone :happy:
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    SW 169

CW 162.2 as of Saturday. Up today :[ Stupid TOM, but I am ignoring this one Lol

GW It is really 155, but for this group it is 154, not a big difference. lmso
  • maz2469
    maz2469 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Not too bad so far - last weigh in was good but i've had a couple of excessive days since so could have a bit more work to do - I think i might have under estimated too!

SW:167.55
    SW (this challenge): 156.52lbs
    CW: 149.9lbs
    GW (this challenge): 141lbs
    Actual GW: 134lbs

so for the challenge that's 6.5lbs lost to date and 8.9lbs to go till xmas, just over 4 weeks to go - best go on a run now.............!!!
  • betancourta229
    Options
    I have lost 8.1 lbs since the start of the challenge. Even with Thanksgiving I lost 1.5 lbs this week :bigsmile:

SW: 233.9 lbs
    SW( challenge): 200.6 lbs
    CW: 192.5 lbs
    GW(challenge): 185 lbs
    GW(overall): 150 lbs

1 month to go...that reminds me I need to go Christmas shopping soon!
  • ellaraenae1
    ellaraenae1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if Iunderstand the acronyms so here goes --
    Female
    Start weight (SW): 207
    Start weight (Challenge): 203.5
    Current weight (CW): 197.3
    Goal weight (GW) challenge: 185
    Goal weight (final): 150

I am working hard at making the 15 pounds

Got crazy for three weeks but am back on track and think I can meet the goal weight for the challenge --

Thanks
  • katescurios
    Options
    Hello all!

I can't seem to get the spreadsheet to work so will update here:

Starting weight for this challenge - 241
    Current weight - 232

So 9lbs lost so far, 6 lbs left before xmas if I want to hit target and 21 days to go. Hmmmm better get to the gym!!
  • lildaug
    lildaug Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi. I started MFP on Oct 19 at 198 lbs. My current weight is 181 lbs. So 17 lbs down so far. I'm really happy with these results. I have been working out every day. This week has actually been hard for me. I want to eat everything!!! But I've been resisting the urge to eat more then I should. I'd love to lose at least another 5 lbs by Christmas. So my goal is 176 lbs.
  • kosmo24
    kosmo24 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Only 4 updates done the week of Dec 3 ? Why arent we posting people ? good or bad we all need to push forward on opur goals
  • maz2469
    maz2469 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    just over two weeks to go now!!!

SW:167.55
    SW (this challenge): 156.52lbs
    CW: 147.71lbs (ish)
    GW (this challenge): 141lbs
    Actual GW: 134lbs

Only a couple of lbs change over 2 weeks - I seem to be fluctuating between 145.5-147.7 but admittedly i haven't been very strict, although i'm exercising hard. the drink and xmas chocs being about, and the horrible chill (we have no heating) has made it easy for me to be a little weak in the evenings... and my other half keeps bringing me treats back (like a milles cookie and cookies and cream cupcake) which i just couldnt say no too!

So that leaves 6.71lbs at least to loose to meet this goal - 3.5lbs per week is pushing it but i'll try and behave a bit more just to get that bit closer!

Hope you guys are behaving more than me!!! :)
  • sandracline
    Options
    Hi There,

I'm thrilled that I've actually stuck to coming here daily several times each day to log my intake. I don't tend to stick with weight loss for more than a month. I'm proud of me. Wishing you all happy weight loss during this holiday season. Hoping for five more pounds lost by Christmas.

SW (this Challenge) 216 lb
    Actual weight today 200 lb

Cheers!
    Sandy
  • katescurios
    Options
    SW for this challenge - 241
    CW - 229

12lb lost so far. 2 and a bit weeks to go, I have a good feeling about this :D
  • quixotic84
    quixotic84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Okay everyone - 2 weeks to go and I'm at -13! Yay!

SW - 303
    CW - 290
    GW (overall) - 140
    GW (xmas) - 289
  • betancourta229
    Options
    I have lost 10.3 lbs since the start of the challenge!

SW: 233.9 lbs
    SW( challenge): 200.6 lbs
    CW: 190.3 lbs
    GW(challenge): 185 lbs
    GW(overall): 150 lbs

I'm still on track to lose it by Christmas but it will close! I gained four pounds of water weight in 1 day (not sure why as nothing changed) but it took about 2 weeks for it to go away! :grumble:

@ Sandy great job sticking with it for the past month! It should be a habit now so you should find it easier! Great loss so far! You are almost at Onederland! :flowerforyou:

I have family coming for Christmas and last time they saw me I was 233.9 lbs and a size 18w dress (tight even with a corset, for my wedding). I am now 44 lbs lighter and a size 14 dress so I can't wait to show it off! Hopefully, I will lose the last 5 so I can say almost 50 lbs lost. :bigsmile:
  • katescurios
    Options
    Huge well done to everyone!!!

We're gonna smash the target and have a fantabulous xmas and a skinnier new year :D
  • kosmo24
    kosmo24 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    SW 202.4
    CW-194.8
    GW-187.4 for this challenge
    GW - 180

I'll be happy with 190 by Christmas
  • quixotic84
    quixotic84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Okay everyone - 2 weeks to go and I'm at -13! Yay!

SW - 303
    CW - 288.8
    GW (overall) - 140
    GW (xmas) - 288