Young Teacher Friends on MFP

Options
Looking for some other young teacher friends on MFP. I am in my second year of teaching middle school science in Wisconsin. Looking or some extra support and help making sure I find time to make it to the gym after a long day and don't give in the easy/fatty food options!

Please add me.

Replies

• ErikaWiater
    ErikaWiater Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm in my first year of teaching special education in Illinois. From your post it seems like we have the same goals. After a long day of teaching, either I cannot get out of bed to work out or dread waking up at 5am the next morning. I'd love to chat & offer you support!
  • Kacie_88
    Kacie_88 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello from Florida! I'm finishing up my first year in a third grade classroom teaching Reading and Science. I've had the same problem with finding motivation after a day at work. I'm hoping to get into a good habit this summer and have it cary over to next year.
  • pauliie1986
    pauliie1986 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a Design and Technology teacher from Australia in my second year of teaching. I put on a lot of weight towards the end on uni and in my fist year of teaching. I'm trying to change my eating habits and have just joined a new gym. I hoping I will have the motivation to go after I finish up at work at least 3 days a week. Feel free to add me :)
  • literaryrose
    literaryrose Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I just wanted to share a little tip that has helped me get a little extra mileage on the elliptical. (I can't do the treadmill or outside running because of shin splints. I'm hoping once some of the weight comes off I can do a real run.) Anyways, if I'm just listening to music while running I get bored quickly. Lately I've started taking my iPad and streaming Netflix while I run with head phones in. It keeps my attention for about 45-50 minutes and adds more than 2 miles to my daily run. :) The only awkward part is when the characters start canoodling; I always look around to make sure no one is looking at me funny because Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Spike are doing the hokey pokey. Haha.
  • ErikaWiater
    ErikaWiater Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! After 7 months of inactivity, I decided to get back on My Fitness Pal. I'm so glad there are other teachers on here! Hope you're all doing well :)