Victories ~

Options
I thought I would make a thread that gives you all a place to share your victories during the week.

Exp: Saying no to a large soda last night when you were out, Getting an hour of exercise today, drinking 8+ cups of water, etc. I am not saying junk food is evil, but when you aren't hungry or you can't afford the calories... it's a victory to be in charge of your body and choices, to learn when to say no.

Hope to see some of your victories soon! =)

Replies

• PINKinquisition1908
    PINKinquisition1908 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Thanks Icey,

This is not a huge one, but yesterday I was feeling really tired after work. I was one step away from skipping my dinner and eating a bunch of snacks to "make myself feel better". Instead, i started dinner and did a workout in my living room. Afterward I ended up feeling better and had a good night. If I had snacked it would have been the start of another cycle of failure. So, I"m happy I made the right choice. SMALL VICTORY.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    No real victories recently on my end.
    Have logged everyday for the week. Logged everything, I think: the good, the bad and the "I cant believe I ate all that!"
    Ok. So maybe honesty itself is a victory.
  • PINKinquisition1908
    Options
    No real victories recently on my end.
    Have logged everyday for the week. Logged everything, I think: the good, the bad and the "I cant believe I ate all that!"
    Ok. So maybe honesty itself is a victory.

It's the small things that can be the biggest victory. Hang in there.
  • tripitena
    Options
    After several days of working up to it (&a cpl vicodin to cushion the blow) I got in just over a mile and a quarter on the incline dreadmill. Still walked across campus at the community college. Used to get in almost 5 miles a day so starting over is tough but its STARTING.
  • ijavagypsy
    Options
    Honesty *and* the dreadmill! You are a role model!
  • PINKinquisition1908
    Options
    After several days of working up to it (&a cpl vicodin to cushion the blow) I got in just over a mile and a quarter on the incline dreadmill. Still walked across campus at the community college. Used to get in almost 5 miles a day so starting over is tough but its STARTING.

Good job. Keep it up
  • MTGirl4Life
    MTGirl4Life Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks Icey,

This is not a huge one, but yesterday I was feeling really tired after work. I was one step away from skipping my dinner and eating a bunch of snacks to "make myself feel better". Instead, i started dinner and did a workout in my living room. Afterward I ended up feeling better and had a good night. If I had snacked it would have been the start of another cycle of failure. So, I"m happy I made the right choice. SMALL VICTORY.

I have to say that I think this is a "huge one"!! This is a GREAT VICTORY in my books. Good job!!
  • MTGirl4Life
    Options
    Two victories this week: On Friday night my daughter brought home a bag of Reese's Peanut Butter cups, full size; and I did not have an urge to eat them. I even got teary-eyed when I told my husband what I did. Then, tonight, she had that dang bag on the kitchen counter. I grabbed it, dropped it in her lap, and said, "keep these away from me". I felt empowered!!
  • tripitena
    Options
    Good for you! Some days choclate is like adrug and I gotta have a bump.:frown: Then I realize I ate the whol bag:huh:
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    So proud of you all for being aware of triggers and overcoming them -- we are all attempting to better ourselves. :flowerforyou:

Victory today -- I walked on the treadmill and I'm staying positive. I've been making sure not to let negative thoughts get the best of me. I didn't binge yesterday or today. ♥
  • MTGirl4Life
    Options
    Congratulations on controlling your binges. There is nothing more empowering than to be able to have control over this (instead of realizing in the middle of bingeing what you are doing, and then getting mad and frustrated at yourself). Keep up the great attitude!
  • chevvy50
    chevvy50 Posts: 14
    Options
    Drank water and nothing after dinner thats my trigger time :D
  • MEKnut
    MEKnut Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started my journey towards running a 5K today. I've been talking about it for weeks. So I met with a personal trainer, who was wonderful, and I'm on my way!
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    ~does a happy dance~

So proud of you ALL!!!!
  • JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options
    I went to a baby reveal party with a bunch of really young women who are all very slender, and who have, on occasion, been snarky about my weight. I was so self conscious, my first instinct was to dive in on the snack table, but I didn't! I didn't even have any cake! I had baby carrots.:happy:
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    I went to a baby reveal party with a bunch of really young women who are all very slender, and who have, on occasion, been snarky about my weight. I was so self conscious, my first instinct was to dive in on the snack table, but I didn't! I didn't even have any cake! I had baby carrots.:happy:

VICTORY :D
    Feels great, huh? Screw the haters who criticized you in the past!
  • JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options

It really did feel great! And they're just jealous! I used to joke that I was funny, smart and awesome, so it wouldn't be fair if I was skinny too, I guess I was right! Lol! J/k, I'm not skinny YET. :laugh:
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options

It really did feel great! And they're just jealous! I used to joke that I was funny, smart and awesome, so it wouldn't be fair if I was skinny too, I guess I was right! Lol! J/k, I'm not skinny YET. :laugh:

Thats the spirit =)
    Hehe... Exactly!
  • chevvy50
    chevvy50 Posts: 14
    Options
    not good today ...scales show 2 on !! and Ive logged everything... so perfect time to comfort eat eh! my victory will be ending day not doing that hopefully watch this space x