New Skates

Options
OK, so I'm going to get a new pair of skates. My first skates I bought for looks. They were Rock skates, black with red flames. Now, after I've been skating for a year it's time to get a better pair of skates. I'm a big girl, although I'm working on losing wieght (apparantly not too hard, because it's not going anywhere!). I was wondering if you all had any suggestions on what to get. I'm stay around about 225. My feet are narrow. I was thinking about getting Riedell Wickeds. Anybody have these? Any suggestions on wheels for a painted wood surface that's kind of sticky? I was thiking of getting Atom Jukes 93 durometer. What do you all think. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks :love:

Replies

• Ms_Pixie
    Ms_Pixie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    yay for new skates!!

Antics are meant to be great for narrow feet. Personally I have Riedell 265's and love them with my wide feet :)
  • davyrockhit214
    Options
    Yay for getting new skates, when you do you will be amazed at the improvement! I have reidell shedevils and they're pretty awesome but my next pair will be anticks for sure, but they are so expensive! I am about the same size & have atom G rods 95a they are all the business! Good luck, tell us how it goes.
  • CChandler81
    CChandler81 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I agree that Antiks are the way to go, regardless of your foot shape. I'm still in super ****ty R3's but plan to upgrade to an Antik or Vanilla after the new year. Wheel wise, you can probably go a lot harder than 93. I skated 94s on our slick concrete floor but have recently moved back down to a 91 b/c of sliding (I guess 20lbs down does that). I'd recommend a 95a. Atom Lowboys, Atom Trak Attaks, or maybe even an aluminum hub wheel, like the Sure Grip Zombie.
  • rcharlee
    rcharlee Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    All my leagues top skaters swear by Antiks. One of our coaches, who is also in the men's league is sponsered by Grn Mnstr and wrote an awesome boot review on our league's forum about boots. If you want, I can copy and paste it for everyone to see. It's full of awesome info!