more stories!

Options
I want to read more about people's huskies!!

What is the worst husky mess you've come home to? I still haven't figured out uploading photos, but if you have any I'd love to see them!

Our husky hasn't been too bad - usually just toilet paper gets ripped up. Yesterday we were out a bit and our dog got into some throat lozengers - I'm pretty sure she didn't eat any, but definately licked them all, and they were all stuck to our duvet. Also there was a mess of shredded tissue where a box of tissues used to be.

Otherwise, we've had kitchen cloths, hairbrushes, tissues and toilet paper, a can of deoderant, a toblerone (although she just chewed the package and didn't actually eat chocolate) and soft toys.

The most expensive mess we came home to though, our spare bed ripped apart. :noway:

Both times, we had left her at home alone too long - so our fault!

What have you come home to?

Replies

• Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm I knew there was some reason they get put into lock down when I am away for any length of time. Both dogs are barricaded into the kitchen, dining room and their bedroom.

Probably the worst thing they have done was tearing thru the house, come home to find lamps knocked over, chairs overturned, cushions in shreds, mini blinds pulled down and ruined, the bag of dog food was knocked over and all over the floor, dishes had been pulled out of the sink and shattered on the floor.... it looked like a tornado had hit the inside of the house I was gone just a little over an hour when they did this.

Coffee filters out of the trash were/are a favorite flippy toy, they stick very nicely to the wall and ceiling :angry:
    Kitchen counter must be cleared of any and all food items, as they have been know to climb or jump up onto them to get to the goodies, trash bin cannot be left out as they think it is a feeding trough.

I am so grateful they are older and not quite so energetic and undisciplined but they will still attempt it from time to time when they are bored or pissed at me
  • spangey13
    Options

Coffee filters out of the trash were/are a favorite flippy toy, they stick very nicely to the wall and ceiling :angry:

The ceiling? I am trying to picture how this would happen. Wow.
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    They were wet and still had the grounds in them when it got pulled out, just enough weight to give it a little lift
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    recently came home to timg
    256481_3756531669628_1750240864_o.jpg

not a big mess but he was happy as a clam with his completed shredded brand new roll of toilet paper. how can you punish a face like that.

Jazzy on the other hand oh boy oh boy the FIRST weekend after adopting her she ate the couch cushion. i hid it from my husband for 4 YEARS! her first day with us she chewed up a pillow plus a few of his socks and he said if she chewed ONE more thing she was going back. that's why i hit the couch cushion from him by turning it over. LOL!

UGH! i can't figure out why it doesn't show the whole picture!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I got Shadow when I was off work and we had about a month together, my first day back to work I put him in the basement and closed the door. When I walked in 9 hours later he was sitting at the door, I'm thinking I know I put you down in the basement. Well I thought maybe he opened the door, noooo he scratched a hole in the door and squeezed through. Since then if we're at work as long as we put down pads(just in case) and close the bedroom door he's good. I've been lazy and haven't fixed the hole just stuffed it with the Tee Shirt he tore up that day too. I wanted to punish him but not being there and knowing he just wanted to be upstairs I couldn't do anything. He still tears at tissue, pulls stuff out of garbage can but hasn't torn anything of value up.