Getting started / Intro

Options
I'm from the Island Nation of Hawaii so it's an inherent gene that I love to eat and eat hearty. I know good food from bad and all the subtle differences in between. As a typical island boy I spent my youth lifting weights and eating calories. And while this may have worked for me waaaaaay back when it really doesn't fit my sedentary lifestyle.

So now here I am. I still love to eat. I know I need to maintain a healthy weight. And I've educated myself on diet, exercise, and nutrition. But over the years I've taken all of this and live by standard I call "give and take". Basically, you can eat what you want sometimes, but you can't all you want all the time.

As an example of what I'm talking about check out my log today. Due to a medical appointment I didn't eat breakfast so don't beat me on that one. But for lunch I went to Round Table Pizza. I had the personal pizza and a salad. Tried to keep the salad good by using balsamic and oil for dressing with the dip system since the pizza is well ..... pizza.

For dinner I had a Subway 6" turkey on white, mustard, no cheese, all veggies. And I had a bag of delicious chips. In the end I'm well under the calorie count for the day and I'm satisfied with what I ate.

Lets "talk story"!! Share ideas and work together and we can win in the long run. Thanks!